Catholic Weddings
Options

Happy Friday!

Yay!  The weekend is (almost) here!  What's everyone up to this weekend?

I don't have anything big planned, but I'm hoping to go shopping tomorrow for new work pants.  I've lost a few pounds, so I'm in between my "fat" pants and my "regular" pants.  I figure one pair of pants will help get me through until I'm (hopefully) back to my old size.  Where do you like to buy dress pants? 

Re: Happy Friday!

• Options
    I've had good luck with dress pants from Express, and just bought a few pairs of the exact stretch dress pants from The Limited, which I really like - the exact stretch dress pants in the skinny cut have the potential to be THE black skinny pants, if they'd ever have my size in the store!

I have nothing fun planned this weekend except massive cleaning of our condo.  I might try to convince H to go to an open house with me on Sunday though, it's one of the few houses on our current short list of possiblities so it would be fun to check it out.
  • Options
    i love Ann Taylor and Ann Taylor Loft for work clothes.  HOwever, i have noticed that quality has gone down in that most pants are no longer lined.

i dont know what size you are right now, but i have a pair of 14's that i wore only twice and i have two suits size 12 that i'm ready to bring to Goodwill.  for a few bucks i could send them to you if tehy are your size.  PM me if you are interested.

i have no big plans for weekend either.
  • Options
    itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2013
    I love The Limited's dress pants! And Ann Taylor Loft too!

I hate being in-between sizes. In addition, I'm on the borderline between needing "regular" length and "tall" length. It is a perpetual PITA.

Tonight, DH and I are staying home and playing some games of darts.

We're going to get to the Golf Show in our area to try to score some deals and then go to a family birthday party.

I'm glad spring will be here soon...
  • Options
    Anybody have something yummy planned for lunch/dinner today?  I'm not feeling very inspired for non-meat meals lately and need to come up with a plan for dinner tonight. 
  • Options
    I also love Express and Loft for work pants.  I'm pretty sad Express doesn't do maternity, actually.  I always thought Limited pants were cut kind of tight, which for a high school teacher is not a good thing.  =)

No big plans.  DH isn't sure if he's coming home this weekend.  Because of all the snow we got, he couldn't go in until Wednesday this week, so I've been a little worried that they're going to keep him over the weekend to get caught up.  So far he hasn't heard anything about that, but we'll see.
    Anniversary

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_happy-friday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:cce99fe5-099c-46f8-8d5c-95e6d18c6ad3Post:f1b7dd1b-b269-429c-8701-279d21620560">Re: Happy Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Anybody have something yummy planned for lunch/dinner today?  I'm not feeling very inspired for non-meat meals lately and need to come up with a plan for dinner tonight. 
    Posted by erin5286[/QUOTE]

<div>We've got some orange roughy filets that I'm planning on breading in some panko and baking.  Probably serve it with some rice and broccoli.  I've also recently been experimenting with Brussels sprouts, so I might try those again.  And we've got some fruit in our fridge that needs to be used, so I'll probably make a sauce with that.</div>
    Anniversary

• Options
    I bought two pairs of Limited pants once, and I wore the one pair to work one day.  By the end of the day, they were completely pilled and just looked old and worn out.  After one day.  And I think they were like $80 or something.  That experience totally turned my off from the Limited, but it was in 2009 so I guess I could give them a shot again lol.

I used to love Express pants, but then they changed them and I was sad.  I haven't tried them in a couple years, though, so I'll def try some on the weekend!

I LOVE ANN TAYLOR AND LOFT!  I got a pair of Loft pants last year and I wear them ALL.THE.TIME.  They're like, 2 sizes too big though, but I still wear them and they look ridic.  But they're just so comfortable!!

• Options
    itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_happy-friday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:615Discussion:cce99fe5-099c-46f8-8d5c-95e6d18c6ad3Post:f1b7dd1b-b269-429c-8701-279d21620560">Re: Happy Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Anybody have something yummy planned for lunch/dinner today?  I'm not feeling very inspired for non-meat meals lately and need to come up with a plan for dinner tonight. 
    Posted by erin5286[/QUOTE]

We have been using a lot of chickpeas. Low-sodium organic canned ones. Very tasty toasted in the toaster oven (with some olive oil, salt, pepper, and cumin). Tonight that will probably be used as a filling in tortillas with some fajita style veggies (peppers & onions), cilantro, and queso fresco.
  • Options
    Fridays we eat sushi! :)

I used to love Ann Taylor but yes, the quality has gone way down - and I'd rather buy a nice pair of pants that won't wear out. I haven't found a place that fits me yet. Banana Republic has really nice stuff but I'm always in between sizes so I find it fits me sort of strangely.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    pinterest, obvi.

• Options
    i found an awesome recipe (yet to try tho) for sweet potatoes stuffed with diced tomato, black beans, and spices.

i think im going out for fish tonight.  its been a long week and i want to be waited on!  i also need a vodka which i gave up for lent, although that only lasted through Ash Wednesday.  i know, i know!!!
  • Options
    I've been having luck with New York & Co. They aren't the highest quality pants, but they are good for their price and they hold up pretty well. If I wanted higher quality, I'd go to Banana Republic.

I'm probably going to have mac n cheese tonight - which totally goes off my semi-primal/paleo diet. But, hubby is away and it's simple and easy to make.
  • Options
    I may have to play the "I'm Pregnant" card and get something with meat just for the protein.  I brought some quinoa and blueberries to eat for lunch and it tasted just awful, so I might be at the mercy of the nearest fast food restaurant.  I've got some almonds in my desk, but I don't know if that'll do.  :/
    Anniversary

• Options
    All those recipes sound great - I'll have to try some of those out.  I find myself not putting too much effort into meat-free recipes, since my H will ONLY eat those during Lent.  Any other time, he considers it to not really be a real meal without meat :)

To be fair, of the three pants from The Limited that I bought recently, two pairs are great, and one pair is not.  They're all the same type (exact stretch), but for some reason one pair just doesn't hold its shape like the other two.  The fabric of the sucky pair is a little thinner, so maybe that's the problem.... luckily I bought them on sale so I'm not as upset about it.  I'll still buy those pants as I really like the other ones, will just be more careful about which cuts/fabric type I choose.
  • Options
    I have nothing to do once I get home tonight, so I think I'm going to go pretty fancy with some cooking... going to make hummus (already cooked the chick peas last night,) and eat it with these http://www.halfbakedharvest.com/traditional-greek-pita-bread/ (already made the dough last night, just have to roll them out and cook them!) then I have some frozen mahi-mahi, that I'm going to find some simple recipe for.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    oh, and I've been really happy with all my pairs of Limited pants that I've bought! Both the exact stretch (DH calls them my super cute pants... ;-) ) but also a pair of ... I dont know how to describe the fabric. Not stretchy at all, but very dressy.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Update: A fellow teacher (who happens to be in RCIA) brought pizza for some of her students and saved my life.

Also, Lala's post reminded me that we still have one piece of naan left in the pantry, so if it's still any good I am eating that tonight!
    Anniversary

• Options
    elbow23elbow23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_happy-friday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:cce99fe5-099c-46f8-8d5c-95e6d18c6ad3Post:e7577956-74b4-4736-91dc-76cb30d6f7a4">Re: Happy Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I've been having luck with New York & Co.</strong> They aren't the highest quality pants, but they are good for their price and they hold up pretty well. If I wanted higher quality, I'd go to Banana Republic. I'm probably going to have mac n cheese tonight - which totally goes off my semi-primal/paleo diet. But, hubby is away and it's simple and easy to make.
    Posted by Riss91[/QUOTE]

I would like to second this.  FMIL got me a gift card for my birthday, so I had a field day there last weekend.

Edited to add: Also, Resa, I don't know what you do for a living, but NY & Co. offers a 15% discount for certain civil service professionals (teachers, nurses, EMTs, firefighters, and police officers, I believe).  For a while, I was having FI buy my clothes there because he's a teacher!  I then realized that they also have a 15% AAA discount, if you happen to have a membership.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    naan....yum....
    now i want some spicy curry and a samosa!!!!
  • Options

Most of my pants are NY&Co.  My problem there is that their petite pants fit me strangely, but regular is super long.  I'm way too lazy to get them hemmed.  Sometimes I wish I were a skirt person! 

• Options

Tofu stir-fry!  Just get extra firm tofu, cube it, throw it in a pan with about half and inch of oil, and then throw your favorite sauce over it.  Mix it after a minute or so, until the whole thing get's browned.  Then stir-fry some frozen veggies, add the tofu, and enjoy!  You don't even need rice, it's so good by itself, but serving over rice or rice noodles is yummy!  Tofu doesn't have a flavor, so it just tastes like whatever you cook it with.  I much prefer it fried because everything is better fried! 

• Options
    I second Banana Republic. There's an outlet that I go to like once a year (2 hours away) and I got 2 pairs of pants for like $30 (usually like $80 pants), and a $150 dress for like $25. If you can find an outlet, go for it!
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    So much deliciousness in this post! We go out for Indian every weekend, but all this talk of naan and samosas is getting me in the mood! My nose it totally stuffed up right now so I can't taste anything so I don't care a whole lot about what is for dinner, sadly. But tomorrow night, we are going to a suuuuper expensive steak place with friends (their treat) and it's like a REAL DATE NIGHT! Which we haven't had for a really long time. I'm excited. And hoping my nose will clear up by then, but I will still have a good time regardless!!

As for pants, I can't help you there. I am a dress/skirt gal. I have one pair of "nice" pants I've had for probably 3 years. They are too big but I am too lazy to buy new ones.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    I didn't even think of Banana, thanks for the tip!  There's a great outlet mall nearby with Ann Taylor Factory, Loft Outlet, Bananda Republic outlet, Coach outlet, etc. 

• Options
    Another vote for New York & Co., but I also wear Gap, Banana Republic, Calvin Klein, and I've also had luck with the I.N.C. brand from Macy's.
  • Options
    Ok so far I hate Banana and Ann Taylor and Loft. Any pants that fit my butt are big everywhere else.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_happy-friday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:cce99fe5-099c-46f8-8d5c-95e6d18c6ad3Post:26adb936-8a8d-4425-9923-c0c6b5750ff8">Re:Happy Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok so far I hate Banana and Ann Taylor and Loft. Any pants that fit my butt are big everywhere else.
    Posted by Resa77[/QUOTE]

<div>DId you try the Jackson fit pants at BR?  They are specifically made for curvy bottoms so you don't have the gapping at the waist problem if you buy them to fit your hips/rear.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_happy-friday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:cce99fe5-099c-46f8-8d5c-95e6d18c6ad3Post:26adb936-8a8d-4425-9923-c0c6b5750ff8">Re:Happy Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok so far I hate Banana and Ann Taylor and Loft. Any pants that fit my butt are big everywhere else.
    Posted by Resa77[/QUOTE]

I've kind of lost hope in that department and have taken to just tailoring the waist and hem myself. I've gotten pretty good at it. With a 10-12 inch difference between my naural waist and my bum, it's slim pickin's for me. I really need to start going to themore urban areas by me to find some good bum-friendly jeans - jeans are tough.
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Yeah the Jackson fit at BR was still too small on the butt, and really big on my thighs. So annoying! I can find jeans, but I can never find dress pants.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards