Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Has anyone done boudoir pictures for gift for their fiance?

I am looking for a gift for my fiance - has anyone tried this? I'm worried it would be awkward  -any recommendations? Also, does anyone have the ability to blur out cellulite? :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Has anyone done boudoir pictures for gift for their fiance?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    A few girls on this board have done that!  I plan on doing it also, & giving it to FI either the night before our wedding or the wedding night.  I haven't decided yet!

As far as blurring goes... I'm leaving that to the photographers & getting my pictures edited a bit!  = )
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have!  I used Laura Ivanova--www.lauraivanova.com and LOVED working with her and LOVED my pictures.  She does photoshop the pics.  Some companies will even do the whole body contouring thing...but I still want them to look like me, just minus the cellulite, KWIM??  And it wasn't akward with Laura, she makes you feel completely at ease.  Also, getting your hair and makeup done professionally is something you should def do.  I used Hana-April at Mani Mela, we did airbrushing and I loved it, makes your skin look flawless.  GL!
    Hitched! 09.30.11
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to Sugar and Spice and the pictures turned out AMAZING. They were so so so much fun to work with, as well. I love that Sugar and Spice does your makeup, hair, etc. Some people think that they change your look too much, but I told them I wanted to still look like myself and they did an amazing job at that. I would absolutely recommend them. And yes, I plan on giving them to my fiance on our wedding day. I had a card made with one of the pictures that I will give to him before the wedding and then I will give him his book after. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also went to sugar and spice today actually!! It was so fun and worth it. They take care of all the imperfections.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    aligrossaligross member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I'm going through Cadence Cornelius (sp?) and it's $200 for my photos and hair and make-up. I cannot wait to do them! I'll be gifting my FI them on our wedding day... I'm having them delievered to his door as well as a nice breakfast with a note from me. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, I got them done, but not in the Twin Cities. I will be giving them to my fiance on the wedding day during our private first look together before we take pictures. It was an amazing experience and the pictures turned out great!
    Anniversary
    White Knot
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went through Cadence Cornelius on one of her Boudoir Marathons. It was AWESOME. I'd recommend getting the FIRST appointment of the day though! More time allowed... She did great and I like the photos. Most photogs should be able to photoshop out cellulite etc...
    12/17/86 - "Once upon a time...." 10/08/11 - "Happily ever after..." imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker White Knot Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011

This has peaked my curiousity...do you bring your own 'outfits'??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_anyone-done-boudoir-pictures-gift-their-fiance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:c64813e1-b521-4ba3-81ec-dc0f9315180fPost:ac9fccfe-9832-4cc8-bf54-2e1492ca98f8">Re: Has anyone done boudoir pictures for gift for their fiance?</a>:
    [QUOTE]This has peaked my curiousity...do you bring your own 'outfits'??
    Posted by kidlets2[/QUOTE]

Yes. Although, some photographers have some props available as well.
    Anniversary
    White Knot
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    kellyrkauthkellyrkauth member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    YES- I also went to Sugar and Spice- they are amazing!  I LOVE my photos, and I haven't even seen the "retouched" ones yet.  Highly recommend.  A bit pricey, but I had previously purchased a Groupon for them.  WORTH IT!  I seriously cannot wait for  FI to see them :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards