Ohio-Columbus

Do the "Just Married" shirts actually work?

Sorry for the odd question, ladies - But we're leaving for Costa Rica next weekened and DH's parents said to make sure to wear "Bride" and "Groom" shirts, or something that says "Just Married" on it. MIL then went on to tell stories about friends of friends who got upgraded on their flights and in the hotels on their honeymoons.

We got upgraded at our wedding night hotel, but we were in wedding attire :P

Has this happened to you, or someone you know? Is it worth investing in (or better yet, making) shirts for this reason?

TTC since October 2011.
DX with Non-IR PCOS in October 2012.
Missing RIGHT tube due to a prior surgery to remove cyst-zilla (40 lbs!) at age 12.
HSG showed tube was blocked - cleared by dye. DON'T DO CLOMID WITHOUT AN HSG!
Cycle #8 with 50mg Clomid & TI = BFN
Cycle #9 with 50mg Clomid & TI = No response.
Cycle #10 with Clomid 100mg + Ovidrel shot = ???
CD12 ultrasound showed no follicles above 10mm.
CD16 ultrasound showed no follicles above 10mm (WTF)
Clomid 200mg CD 16-22, repeat u/s on 3/11

Re: Do the "Just Married" shirts actually work?

• sep72fendrsep72fendr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would do it just for the heck of it to celebrate my marriedness, and if free stuff comes along... heck yes awesome. If you want to make legit looking shirts, just buy some iron-ons at Jo-Ans or Michaels or something. :-)
    I iz not Bridezilla.imageI iz Veloceraptor!

FOR SALE!!.

• edited December 2011
    My husband was wearing his "I'm a Keeper" Shirt the day after our wedding when we went to chipotle. The lady making our burritos mentioned that it was a cute shirt, and my sister told them that we just got married yesterday and they didn't charge us for lunch:) ...... so I guess it is possible to benefit somewhat from what you are wearing....
  • edited December 2011
    If its an all inclusive, it probably isn't going to do you much good, but you can try. And if you do any of the excursions outside the resort, I doubt you will get anything for free. Tourism is a big money maker there, so I doubt they will lose any money on anything.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards