Moms and Maids

Pregnant Bridesmaid!

Hello all,

One of my bridesmaids is pregnant with her first.  Her due date is 2.5 months before the wedding, but how do I pick a bridesmid dress/ how does she order one when she has no idea what size she will be?  Please help!

Caitlin

Re: Pregnant Bridesmaid!

• My sister was just MOH in her friends wedding and was pregnant. Due about a month before the wedding - it was fine. She wore a dress with an empire waist and was flowy on the bottom.

Find out the aboslute last date to order the dress so it comes in on time for your wedding. If you're letting her pick her own dress then she can choose whatever she wants. If you're going to be choosing it ask for her input. She needs to be comfortable in it (well they should all be comfortable in them) Maybe something with an empire waist or a little more flowy to accomodate her cute baby bump. Have her order a few sizes up. It can be taken in if when the time comes if it's still too big.
  • Wait I read that wrong. I thought she was going to be pregnant at your wedding. 2 months should be plenty of time for a bridesmaid dress to come in. Figure out where you're getting them from and ask them if it's an issue if she waits until after she has the baby.

• She should be close to her normal size by your wedding - maybe order 1 size larger just in case?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_pregnant-bridesmaid-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:aa2f6a14-5665-4248-b5ff-dd0b5f6bc2a9Post:2ea46d10-620e-4c82-95ed-a689c88cfa14">Re: Pregnant Bridesmaid!</a>:
    [QUOTE]She should be close to her normal size by your wedding - maybe order 1 size larger just in case?
    Posted by twotimemob[/QUOTE]

This is what we did. I made sure the dress I picked had an empire waistline (so it was more forgiving) and she ordered a size up from her regular size.
  • Non-identical dresses seem to be a new trend.  Pick a color and have your b'maids pick their own.  Everyone will be comfortable and will carry themselves much more confidently than they would otherwise.  Plus if you pick a basic color (black or navy, and depending on the season) your maid's will have lots of options to choose from...and if your friend whom is pregnant is not comfortable in the dress closer to your wedding day she will be able to replace it with something fairly easily.

Best of luck!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_pregnant-bridesmaid-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:aa2f6a14-5665-4248-b5ff-dd0b5f6bc2a9Post:2ea46d10-620e-4c82-95ed-a689c88cfa14">Re: Pregnant Bridesmaid!</a>:
    [QUOTE]She should be close to her normal size by your wedding - maybe order 1 size larger just in case?

<div>On of my BM did this and it worked fine.  She's actually been breastfeeding and is smaller than she was before getting pregnant.  </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_pregnant-bridesmaid-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:aa2f6a14-5665-4248-b5ff-dd0b5f6bc2a9Post:2ea46d10-620e-4c82-95ed-a689c88cfa14">Re: Pregnant Bridesmaid!</a>:

How would she be close to her normal size by 6.5 months pregnant?? I wil be almost 5 months pregnant for my BIL's wedding next month and already had to order up a size based on my boobs alone.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_pregnant-bridesmaid-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:aa2f6a14-5665-4248-b5ff-dd0b5f6bc2a9Post:88f077b4-6c20-42a6-a6df-67d43f7bfe56">Re: Pregnant Bridesmaid!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pregnant Bridesmaid! : How would she be close to her normal size by 6.5 months pregnant?? I wil be almost 5 months pregnant for my BIL's wedding next month and already had to order up a size based on my boobs alone.
    Posted by springfling2012[/QUOTE]

She her due date is BEFORE the wedding. She won't be pregnant at the wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards