June 2013 Weddings

C & V Thursday

It's that time of the week again...air out your confessions and vents here!!

Re: C & V Thursday

• Confession: One of my sisters is moving in with us temporarily because her lease is up and she's having a hard time finding a new place. Our parents live over an hour away from where she works, so it's not practical for her to stay with them. We have the space for her; our house is huge and there's only me and my fiance. That being said, my sister has been dealing with some serious mental issues for the last 5 years or so, and this is the 3rd time I've bailed her out by giving her a place to stay. She's doing a lot better and has a lot of her issues under control, and I don't want her to backslide, so once again, I'm opening my place to her. However, being around her for any length of time is mentally and emotionally draining, and I'm really hoping she's able to find an apartment soon. And hopefully none of you think I'm a lousy big sister now.

Vent: I've been up since 3:30 this morning because that's when it starting storming, so that's also when our dog woke us up. 4.5 hours of sleep last night = freaking awesome.
  • ems27ems27 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Confession: I am definitely getting a bit stressed out about wedding budget... and frustrated that a lot of people who have volunteered to contribute haven't given a number or any money yet :-\  I'm worried that it will never happen and that FI and I will not be able to have a honeymoon because we're paying for all the visa stuff, including a lawyer that my mom scared me into using for part of the process.  So I feel badly that I'm annoyed with the lack of financial follow-through, and that I am upset that I might lose something as petty as a HM.

Vent:  I haven't done anything in four days at work. And it's not my fault.  I do not function well sitting somewhere pretending to be busy- if I don't have anything to do, I would much rather be at home! Ugh.
    June 2013 August Sig Challenge
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Emily, you are not a lousy big sister! It is hard living with family. We all need space from that. Especially if she is having some problems. I deal with anxiety/depression and let me tell you, it is HARD on other people. My FI is so patient with me, he's such a sweetheart. But there are times when my moods can change at the drop of a dime, and it is not pleasant for the people around me (ie either my FI or parents!).

Ems, I hear you w/the budget thing. It is really stressful. All this money for one day. I am trying to take some advice from my SIL (who just married my brother in Oct)...she regrets spending so much on the wedding. It's not petty to worry about your HI..that is a MUCH NEEDED vacation for you!!! Think about it...it's one of the only times in life you are able to take multiple weeks off at work!!    Oh and the work thing---i've been there before--with nothing to do..and it SUCKS. Makes the day go by so much slower. I would just keep on asking your boss for stuff to do and if she/he doesn't give you enough, you can't be held liable for going on the internet and searching for wedding stuff LOL

Ok here are mine:

Confession: I feel sooo overwhelmed by all this wedding planning. I just really need to solidify things. I go on Pinterest and Google stuff every night, but I haven't decided on many things yet. Seeing everyone here all planned and organized really scares me because I am totally the opposite! This weekend we are meeting with a possibly officiant, so i'm really hoping I like him so we can solidfy that! I just feel guilty that I am not farther ahead, but then again work drains so much out of me, then I feel obligated to work out after, and some days I do my volunteering (which i LOVE!) and I barely get to see my FI because he works so much so I try to spend that little time with him, and then the dogs, and then the parents, and AHHHH!!!..I feel like there is just not enough time in the day to do everything. The last thing I want to do at the end of the day is be productive. I just need to kick myself in the butt! Or else I know I will regret not having things they want I want.

Vent: Work has been stressful lately and I just really need a vacation. Going to Cape Cod (my fav place ever) at the end of next month and it couldn't come any sooner. I just have no desire to do work this week which is BAD!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Confession: I had another wedding dream last night. I was running around trying to get ready. The only thing that seemed realistic was when I went out front to make sure the valets were there to park the cars. They were doing it a little farther down the street, which surprised me. How do I surprise myself in a dream? I'm the one making it up!

Vent: I'm again considering getting a band instead of the DJ that I already gave a deposit to. I was talking to my cousin, and she said the only regret she had was not having a live band. I emailed our DJ/Video/photo booth guy to see exactly what we would lose by cancelling that part of our contract. He's usually really quick, but he hasn't written back or called yet.

Cake! - June 2013
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Confession: please don't think I'm a horrible person... I forgot to feed my dog last night. I've felt really bad about it alllll day since I realized it. My irritating situation with my car last night kept me out of the house most of the night. I left to go get my car around 4:30 and Griswold eats at 5, so I didn't think to feed him. After I got my car I had to go to Walmart, go the college my FI works for, go to Wegmans, go back to the college, go back to walmart, then FI and I went to Lowes and bought some deck boards and by the time we got home and unloaded them it was pushing 9pm. I gave the dog his probiotic yogurt the vet said to give him to help with his tummy troubles and that was it. And of course he ended up throwing up last night because if he goes to bed too hungry he gets sick and pukes up bile in the middle of the night. I feel really bad about it and gave him extra breakfast early this morning. 

Vent: My whole car situation with my coworkers yesterday. Uhg. It's told in some detail in the "things that irritate me" post from yesterday. I also had to cart my post surgey coworker all over again this morning. Whether she can drive by next week or not, I already told her I can't drive her next Thursday. FI and I want to go spend a whole day at our summer camp, so tough luck for her cause I'm taking a long weekend next week. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • No confessions but 2 vents.

vent #1. FI has been crabby and in a bad mood the past 2 days, soo he has put me in a bad mood the past 2 days. I am just sad because we dont get a lot of time off together and after today I really wont see him until Monday because of our work schedules.

vent #2: I was supposed to be off work tomorrow but someone cornered me and asked me to work for them. I can never say no to people, so I am working and I dont want to at all. I just keep thinking of it as extra money for the wedding or money for my drinks in vegas next week.

Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Confession: I feel really bad about not really spending any time with FI lately. He's always so good to me but I'm just so tired with all the stuff that's been going on. I hope we can spend some QT this weekend. Warning this may get long and confusing. I would advise to just skip it lol Vent: I hate my mother! I understand my grandfather is in the hospital (and please don't think I'm a horrible person for this) but there is nothing she can do besides visit for a few hours each day and let him know we're all there. He's on dialysys for 5 hours a day and then he sleeps the rest of the time. So we were supposed to go dress shopping for her yesterday. I had planned to take yesterday and the 7th off while she was here so we could do wedding stuff. Well yesterday after my dr appointments I went to my sisters and all my mother did was sit on the couch and knit. Today she has the nerve to say that she didn't know I wanted to go, when I specifically said the night before as we were looking at dresses online that we would go to David's bridal to see them and then she can order whenever she wanted to. Then she says "well you don't have to come to dinner tonight we can go one afternoon next week." No we can't, I work everyday from 9-5 and I can't take days out cause I don't have vacation time, that's why we planned to do things yesterday and the 7th. Then when I told her I wasn't driving 45 minutes to RI tonight because I was there yesterday, I was planning on going tomorrow and I have to go down Saturday and then again Sunday for my nieces bday party she says well why do you have to come Saturday? Because mom I have a hair appointment which we discussed (since my sister has one too) and I'm going dress shopping which Ive been telling you about all week! She says well things change. No they don't, if I have an appointment I keep it. This may all sound stupid but we've never had a good relationship no matter how hard I try. I finally said she doesn't have to help me with the wedding I'll do it myself, she says "well you've been doing by yourself all along" I've actually have been waiting for her to get here to go dress shopping and look at flowers and venue decorations but I guess it doesn't matter. Thank goodness I have a supportive BP which includes my sister and older niece who can't stand her right now either. Thanks for letting me get that out!
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Vent: I don't think I have anything today.

Confession: I had a super busy day at work today, like driving between two of our campuses and having back to back meetings pretty much all day from 8 a.m. till 5 p.m., and I actually enjoyed it! I did love having some down time before, but I'm glad to be doing things again, I kind of like to be kept busyI  have another day like that tomorrow though, so we'll see if I think any differently then. haha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards