Flowers

Vases?

This might be a dumb question - but I'm asking anyways. Typically - am I supposed to supply the florist with vases and things like that for the reception? Or do they supply all that for me?

I haven't even started florist shopping yet, but this question popped in my head last night.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

September 2011 Siggy Challenge: Ceremony Location

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Vases?

• edited December 2011
    Typically they will provide vases but you can also. Ask what the charge would be per centerpiece if they supplied the vase vs. if you supplied the vase. It brought my centerpieces down by $25. I went to www.wholesalefloral.com and got vases through them for $5/vase.  With 6 centerpieces it saves me $120. You can also look at craft stores and Dollar stores. They carry glasses vases as well.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    thanks ladies!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

September 2011 Siggy Challenge: Ceremony Location

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My florist let me rent vases from her.  I knew that I was going to donate the flowers to the inn where I was married because I couldn't take them home (DW) and the inn had their own vases.  
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_flowers_vases-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:28Discussion:ea48b6dc-aa94-4abd-bb04-4253cf4ce833Post:c259ec87-d08b-4cff-af1b-730ee40b3ca9">Re: Vases?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Typically they will provide the vases.  Ask what they charge for the vases.   Then ask if you find them somewhere cheaper, will they either match that price or use vases you purchase?
    Posted by ILoveMilkDuds[/QUOTE]

Ditto this. But definitely do your homework bc you may be able to find them cheaper. I thought we were going to be able to, but then I negotiated with the florist to stay within budget and they came down some in price.

And ususally you get to keep them at the end of the night, but sometimes they may want them returned and you are merely renting them.
  • Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

You can furnish them, or the florist can, and sometimes they rent them out.  If you want to keep the flowers and/or vases after, or give them away, then you need to buy them. 

A florist usually charges mark up on things like vases, so you might want to compare prices.  A florist might charge you $15-20 for a simple vase you could get for $5-10 at Wal-mart. 

If you buy them, you can check for on line coupons for places like Michael's, JoAnn's, Garden Ridge, or Hobby Lobby has frequent 50% off wedding accessories.  Or you can buy in bulk from the Dollar Tree.

• linann333linann333 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DollarTree.com has nice sized glass vases of varying sizes for only $1 each!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards