Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

TGIF!!

Morning ladies!! :)

1) What is your or your DH/ FI favorite flavor of Cake? are you/did you  use it for your wedding cake?

2) How involved in picking the reception venue & food is/was your DH/FI?

3) If you had ONE thing you could add to your wedding, what would it be? Either something your FI/DH does not want or something that is out of your budget....

Hummm....Getting harder to come up with ideas! haha! Have a good Friday ladies Wink
2011-2012 Races
10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
Me:32 DH:33
IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)

Re: TGIF!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Stinker- I missed these while you were gone :) Glad you are back!

1. My fiance doesn't like cake/ anything sweet at all! So picking the wedding flavors was all up to me! I like red velvet & it made it into our cake :)

2. My fiance gave me the big ol' nod when picking everything! He would just say "that looks great!" When it came to food, I had Scott send me a few suggestions, and I knew what my fiance wouldn't like, so I changed the menu. Once I got the final menu, fiance approved :)

3. hmm this is a difficult one. I am really happy with the weekend wedding we have planned. I think I would add more things to our Vegas plans. If we had the extra money, I would want to go see a show! -I know not totally wedding related :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Morning!

1) What is your or your DH/ FI favorite flavor of Cake? are you/did you  use it for your wedding cake?
    -My Fi doesn't care for cake too much...but I know he loves chocolate covered strawberries, so I went with a chocolate mousse and fresh cut strawberries in the middle. Hope he likes his lil suprise.

-a little involved..I had to go out there and select a vendor of course, and he jsut worked on the menu with me. Hes a meatatarian...so of course I knew he was going to want a lot of meat dishes.

3) If you had ONE thing you could add to your wedding, what would it be? Either something your FI/DH does not want or something that is out of your budget....
    Hmmmm I really wanted to get a photo booth but that was a little out of my pricerange....I also wanted to get a Mariachi :)
  • Options
    keana123keana123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI loves red velvet cake so we are definitely having it at the wedding. This was the most important cake to try at the cake tastings.

His  #1 concern was cost, so first we had to get the right price. FI loves food and had a great time trying it all. Other than the food, he could care less.

Invite more guests
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love these!

Neither of us are huge cake people, so we'll probably end up going together to do a tasting and figure out what we'd both like. 

I did the venue scouting on my own, showed him the info on my favorite & that's what we went with.  He's already shown an interest in the food options so I know he'll be move involved with that.

Hmmmmm - we actually both really wanted to do a tropical destination wedding in Barbados or something, but it couldn't happen because of some family issues on FI's side.  I would LOVE to have a photo booth also but as of right now it looks like it won't be in our budget.

Have a great weekend everyone!
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    1) What is your or your DH/ FI favorite flavor of Cake? are you/did you  use it for your wedding cake? FI's favorite is carrot cake but we didn't like how dry it was from the baker so we didn't select it.  I like anything with chocolate so we went with german chocolate and baileys & lemon and raspberry. 

2) How involved in picking the reception venue & food is/was your DH/FI? We looked over the menu together and decided what sounded good.  I think I had more control of the actual location but I was going based off of budget.

3) If you had ONE thing you could add to your wedding, what would it be? Either something your FI/DH does not want or something that is out of your budget.... A honeymoon.  It's coming just in a year or so....
  • Options
    jamesndanijamesndani member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good morning!

Neither of us really likes cake and we totally get flamed for that all the time, but I love that there are other ladies on here that are the same way!!  So...we went with vanilla cake Tongue out

Totally!  That was the one thing he really input on, but luckily we agreed on everything!

We both wanted a destination wedding to Napa Valley or the Ritz-Carlton at Half Moon Bay (google it - amazing) which was wwaaayyyy out of budget.  Otherwise, for me, I really, really wanted a pink candy/dessert bar!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1) What is your or your DH/ FI favorite flavor of Cake? are you/did you  use it for your wedding cake? He loves chocolate chocolate and more chocolate so he is getting that. I love white cake so we are having vanilla cake with crustard filling and fresh strawberries Yummm 2 weeks I get to eat it !!!

2) How involved in picking the reception venue & food is/was your DH/FI? He said we had to get married in a gazebo so he was very very involved he was involved in every element of planning. It was adorable

To have a professional video done instead of a friend doing it for us but I just didn't want to spend that much money! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Like most of you and your FI's we are not big on cake, but when I do I love things that are like a strawberry shortcake, so I LOVED our Berrie's and Cream! Yummy!!

Venue not so much, but the food was were he wanted a say...and....he did good! :)

Well due to space and budget I would have to say a DJ and/or Photobooth would have been nice to have.
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • Options
    RachNRichRachNRich member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1) What is your or your DH/ FI favorite flavor of Cake? are you/did you  use it for your wedding cake? hmmmm, he likes all things "cake." but, probably carrot cake is his favorite; we didn't have it as a flavor in our cupcakes though :(

I picked the venue (in fact, I was insistant upon Maggiano's), but he was super involved in helping pick out the menu :)

3) If you had ONE thing you could add to your wedding, what would it be? Either something your FI/DH does not want or something that is out of your budget.... I would have LOVED to have had a photobooth; a friend of mine had one at her wedding and I loved it---it made me feel like a little kid! There was no way we could have afforded it though...Sad Panda.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    jccswljccswl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1) What is your or your DH/ FI favorite flavor of Cake? are you/did you  use it for your wedding cake?FI doesn't have a sweet tooth like me, but he did like the hazelnut w/white chocolate filling.

DH was awesome, he had great ideas. He was into everything except the decor. He always considered his parents and didn't want them to strain themselves.

I really wanted a Mariachi band to play cocktail hr, but they wanted too much. For some reason, they are extra expensive in Vegas. DH really wanted Elvis, but he waited too long to get one.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Morning ladies!! :)

1) What is your or your DH/ FI favorite flavor of Cake? are you/did you  use it for your wedding cake? Either white or yellow cake. He is not a big fan of sweets so that's as far as he will go on the topic. The top layer of our cake was yellow cake. And our entire cutting cake for the AHR is white cake with vanilla filling - just for him!

2) How involved in picking the reception venue & food is/was your DH/FI? Definitely not involved with picking the venue or package, though I think he would only say anything if he thought it was a bad idea. He was pretty involved with picking the food because I made him! My family is not very picky but his is so I wanted to make sure he had input on their behalf.

3) If you had ONE thing you could add to your wedding, what would it be? Either something your FI/DH does not want or something that is out of your budget.... I really don't know! I wanted everything to be low key and simple and that's what we got. Honestly, my parents paid for the wedding and there was no real budget (sorry, not trying to brag) other than my mom would determine if something was too ridiculously priced. If I could do anything differently, I would do our AHR somewhere that had a nice outdoor area, but still had the casual theatre ambience of our chosen venue. But the only place we looked at with a nice outdoor area was over twice the price!

Edit: I thought of something! I would hire a local elvis impersonator for the AHR and I would have done a band with a DJ for when the band is not on stage.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    ellenalabamaellenalabama member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

FI's favorite is Chocolate Raspberry, yep the bottom layer is chocolate with raspberry filling.

He's ok with what ever I want.  We are doing Studio B so, there really isn't any food to pick.

Honestly, if I could pick anything it would be to have a big wedding at home.  Unfortunately, we don't have the budget for that especially since it would be 200+ guests if we got married here!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    <div><span style="color:#000000;font-family:'Times New Roman';line-height:normal;font-size:medium;" class="Apple-style-span"><div style="font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:10px;background-color:initial;background-image:none;background-attachment:initial;background-origin:initial;background-clip:initial;color:#1f1f1f;font:normal normal normal 11px/14px Arial, sans-serif;text-align:left;">In Response to <a style="text-decoration:none;font-weight:normal;color:#1f1f1f;" href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_tgif-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:29f69c82-ee0f-435f-bbfe-dc91cce567efPost:c136b3d5-3f91-437a-8422-f2850d0cfea8">Re: TGIF!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ritz-Carlton at Half Moon Bay (google it - amazing) which was wwaaayyyy out of budget.
    Posted by jamesndani[/QUOTE]
    </div><div style="font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:10px;background-color:initial;background-image:none;background-attachment:initial;background-origin:initial;background-clip:initial;color:#1f1f1f;font:normal normal normal 11px/14px Arial, sans-serif;text-align:left;">
    </div><div style="font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:10px;background-color:initial;background-image:none;background-attachment:initial;background-origin:initial;background-clip:initial;color:#1f1f1f;font:normal normal normal 11px/14px Arial, sans-serif;text-align:left;"><strong>I stayed there once with a friend who had use of an employee discount. The view is amazing, and the sunset looked like it was so close we could reach out and grab it!! </strong></div></span></div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_tgif-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:29f69c82-ee0f-435f-bbfe-dc91cce567efPost:433b95f0-f055-4eaf-a1b8-78b58bfce7dd">TGIF!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning ladies!! :) <div>1) What is your or your DH/ FI favorite flavor of Cake? are you/did you  use it for your wedding cake? </div><div><strong>FI loves sweets - especially chocolate and peanut butter. The bottom layer of the cake will be chocolate cake with peanut butter mousse!</strong></div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>2) How involved in picking the reception venue & food is/was your DH/FI? </div><div><strong>He didn't want to pick out a reception venue, so that was basically all me. His only concern was that we stay on budget.  He has been more involved with picking the menu items.</strong></div><div><strong>
    </strong></div><div>
    </div><div>3) If you had ONE thing you could add to your wedding, what would it be? Either something your FI/DH does not want or something that is out of your budget.
    Posted by stinkerbell6879[/QUOTE]
    <strong>I wouldn't mind having a bigger room at Maggiano's, but it just wasn't in the budget. I would also love a martini luge LOL</strong></div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards