Registry and Gift Forum

Did you get a lot of gifts from your registry?

My wedding is coming up soon and I'm getting ready for my bridal showers (2) in June but no one has purchased a gift from my registries.  I'm assuming most will wait till right before the shower to buy anything, but I'm curious as to how many gifts you all received from your registries and what the most common gifts were? 

Just curious Smile

Re: Did you get a lot of gifts from your registry?

• You're pretty far out from both your wedding and your showers for there to be gifts bought off the registry.  Most of my gifts for the shower I've had so far came off the registry, and most people didn't buy until the couple weeks before the shower.  The week before, actually.
  • We got most of the gifts from our registries, but the registries were almost untouched until a week before the shower.  I think that since your showers aren't until June, it's completely normal that no one has bought anything.

I don't really know how to answer your second question.  The categories (baking, barware, tableware, etc) were pretty evenly distributed in terms of what was purchased, if that's what you mean. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My wedding is in 4.5 weeks (eek!) and I had two showers. Mostly we received a lot of glasses (margarita, wine, martini), place mats, napkins, small kitchen appliances and other kitchenware.  I would say about a quarter of each of our two registries have been purchased.
  • edited April 2011
    After it was all said and done only 4 things were left on our registries.  We got a few gifts off regisstry too (stoneware bowl, decanter, cute salt and pepper shakers, etc).  Many of our items were lower priced (Fiestaware, no fine china, no name brand towels or sheets) so I think that might have helped.  People loved buying the Fiestaware since we registered for 6 different colors... or at least tht is what they told me. 

I didn't registry stalk, so I don't know when people started purchasing items. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We only received 6 things off our registries. I didn't have any showers.
  • I don't usually buy gifts off the registry until one-two weeks before the shower, unless I'm already at the store or whatever, just sayin' (even though I think you already made it clear). And I don't know about quantity of gifts but I think it would also depend on how many people are invited to your showers... 
  • I am getting married June 4th and have had two showers so far. I would guess that 60% of our BBB registry was bought and 75% of our Macy's. We also have a Crate & Barrel registry and all of our glasses (drinking & wine) were bought s well as 4 other pieces. 

We also registered for Fiesta (all colors Laughing) and most of it was bought!! I love Fiesta!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Our showers are in June and people sent gifts just this past week.  A lot of stuff is already getting bought which is crazy considering the wedding is 4 months away. 

Most people like to wait until the last couple of weeks before the showers though. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    282image Invited to celebrate!
    208image Will be Dancing the night away!
    74image Won't be having any fun
    0image are giving me a major headache

• What is this Fiesta stuff I keep hearing about?
  • OUr wedding is a month from today and all three of our registries are completely cleaned out...we also started getting presents off of the registry almost the day after we sent out our invitations....and I had a shower last weekend and one this weekend... but almost everything is gone off of them..
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_did-lot-of-gifts-registry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:8d69f8e6-d69b-4005-9c03-e5d9237d43e1Post:92c2778d-5fbd-41ef-ac84-ff8b0ab24ed0">Re: Did you get a lot of gifts from your registry?</a>:
    [QUOTE]What is this Fiesta stuff I keep hearing about?
    Posted by ninap5[/QUOTE]

Fiestaware is every-day dishes that come in a wide variety of colors.  Some people pick one color.  I picked several to mix and match. 

<a rel="nofollow" href="http://www1.macys.com/shop/dining-entertaining/brands/fiesta?id=28954&edge=hybrid">http://www1.macys.com/shop/dining-entertaining/brands/fiesta?id=28954&edge=hybrid</a>

It is sold at several other stores too.  Kohls is one, and I think BB&B online. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Love fiesta.  The best thing about it, besides the color, is that all of the standard colors have basically been around since the 1950's (though the style of it has changed somewhat since then), and it doesn't look like it's going anywhere anytime soon.  So you always know it will be around if you break a piece or what a slight change in accent color, etc.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • For baby or wedding showers, I'm usually a procrastinator and don't buy anything from the registry until either the day before or even the day of...so I'm not surprised that nothing has been purchased yet on your registry.
    Anniversary
  • I noticed when I was saving the gift receipts from my shower that at least half of the things were bought the day before the shower :)
  • Our wedding and showers are a ways away, but I thought I'd chime in.  We registered SUPER early and have been fortunate to receive registry gifts for our engagement party, Christmas, and birthdays.  One of our stores just had their semi-annual Friends and Family sale and quite a few things were bought then, which really surprised me.  I keep thinking, what are people going to do with these gifts for the next 6-8 months...  But I have been pleasantly surprised by people using our registries so far.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I haven't had my shower yet, but have had two people get wedding gifts from the registry and I hadn't even sent out the invites yet.  Talk about being ahead of the game!  :)
  • I had my shower last weekend. All of my friends bought their gifts that morning before the shower. I think people just like to procrastinate. People seemed to be a fan of buying a few smaller items as opposed to one larger item. People also loved the small kitchen appliances (rice cooker, slow cooker, etc.).
  • Fiestaware is a dinner ware. It started all the way back in the 1930's. All of the vintage pieces were discontinued in the early 1970's. Some of the vintage is worth a lot of money... Fiestaware was reintroduced in the 1980's, and I imagine it too will be worth a lot!Tongue out
    Its fun and cheary thats what gets me!
  • I'm not getting married til October 1, and someone's already bought all my china.  I suspect my mother in law or grandmother wanted to be the ones who bought it for me and rushed out to buy it first.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards