Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Can a photographer....

Ok, so I'm getting married with braces on my teeth. :(  I'm self conscious about it. Can a photographer airbrush them out? Thanks for your help!
Anniversary BFP: 3/5/13 EDD: 11/14/13 BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Can a photographer....

• Options
    RailWayWifeRailWayWife member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I am not sure.. Do you have a photographer you want to use in mind? I would call them and ask just to be sure.
  • Options
    photogbride12photogbride12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe, but it's very difficult and you'd likely have to pay a lot of extra money for the time it would take. Definitely check with the photographer before you hire them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah you can doing corrections with computer software but it is time consuming.  It might not be worth the price.  I would definitely ask the photographer before hand to make sure they are willing to put in the extra time to do the corrections.  Maybe with the types of photos they take you will be so amazed by them you won't even notice the braces :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    as a photographer I can tell you that we do general retouching and color correction included in pricing. but when we are asked to do something more involved we usually charge hourly for it. it does not amount to much and if your photographer is good they should be able to handle it with no issues.
  • Options
    kiki1978kiki1978 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!  I'll definitely bring it up with the photographer.
    Anniversary BFP: 3/5/13 EDD: 11/14/13 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Very time consuming...  I would ask the dentist about going to invisalign or something...in the end might be a better price... When I've done retouching for every picture like that it amounts to a lot.... I charge $85/hr for retouching like that.  I have done it for a picture or two to whiten teeth but for braces, you're looking at a lot of detailed work...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 
      Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    LauraChristinLauraChristin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's an insane amount of work and I have never seen it look natural. Basically, the photographer would need to sample the tooth or tooth color and stamp it over the braces. On like 600 photos? No way. A friend of mine had her braces removed for the wedding then put back on. I would look into that.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I actually had this done for my Senior photos taken back in high school. It actualy looked pretty nice and natural. Though in that case they let me look at the proofs and then only touched up the couple I decided to print and it was still pretty costly. If you'd just like to have a few nice ones touched up after the fact I think that's do-able, if you're expecting someone to touch up every photo they take that day you'd be better off just having them removed for the day.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Any good photographer is not going to be willing to put in the time that would take...since they can just find work elsewhere if they are any good. It can be done, but you wont get super natural looking teeth that way anyways. I would go to the orthodontist and see what they can do to take them off or put them on the inside of your mouth or give you a retainer for the weekend. Much better option then editing ALL your photos.

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Blog:Through My Eyes

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards