Wisconsin
Options

Vendor Reviews - Milwaukee

VENUE
HARBOR LIGHTS ROOM  A/F
The location is absolutly breathtaking and everything came together amazing. For that I give it an A
My F is for the issues we ran into along the way. Zilli controls everything from food, to chair decor to DJ and Photobooth. Zill has their own DJ company DJ on the MIX in which they force you to chose. 2 months from our wedding they cut our contract since we were questioning the photobooth compared to other vendors. We were lucky and were able to find an amazing DJ. The space is awesome, food is great but the DJ issue was huge from day one. If you have to use their service beware your paying a lot for substandard service compared to other DJ's

FOOD
ZILLI CATERING A+++
The food was amazing, we are still getting comments on it.

DJ
SMOOV MUSIC
Amazing job done, Daniel is super professional and efficent, made our night amazing. His LED lights filled the room with great color. Highly suggest.

FLOWERS
FLOWERS BY FAYE
Faye works out of her home. She is an amazing person and goes over and beyond to help you achieve your look within your budget. Very affordable. Our flowers were amazing and looked fake. After 2 weeks by bridal bouquet is still alive. Faye was a pleasure to work with and would work with her again in a heart beat!

CAKE
RICKS BAKERY A++++
We all know how expensive weddings are, our cake budget was the first to get slashed. I was worried about how it would turn out to be honest only because of the presentation that simma's and The Cake Lady put on for you.
Sandy, I can't say enough GREAT things about her. She answered emails promptly and went over and beyond. The pictures she has in her album do not do adjustace to what my looked like. Super modern. The cake was moist and delish. Everyone complimented us. I highly suggest Ricks Bakery - affordable and amazing.

MAKEUP
MERLE NORMAN A
When you hear Merle Norman you probably think Old Lady Makeup like I did but I was wrong. We worked Erin HItt. She is such a sweet person and really loves what she does. She makes every effort to give you what you want. My makeup, mom and girls was amazing. She even came to my house the morning of the wedding. Worth the money. She will do a trial for you at no charge and keep working on it until you love it. She is very talented. My makeup was very modern and bridal just like I wanted it. Erin was great!

DRESSES/TUX
SAVVY BRIDE - B
Savvy was great at the girls dresses but we did the tux rental and it was messy. 4 our of 6 tux needed to be changed out due to fit. I would suggest a Men's Warhouse.
The girls are very helpful
EDITHS - D
First, LOVE LOVE LOVE my dress the owner actually helped me find it, but we went there for bridal dresses and customer service was awful. I look like I'm 21 when in reality I'm 32 and was treated like a stupid young girl. When picking up my dress it took forever they were rude and just threw it in a plastic bag. I get nicer dress bags at banana republic

ALTERATIONS
Karen - Christy's Bridal A+++=
Karen is amazing and does not take advantage of the bride. All my alternations, bustle, dress taken in and hemmed was 1/4 of other quotes:) She worked on my dress and did a beautiful job. I will use her for everything going forward.

Re: Vendor Reviews - Milwaukee

• Options
    How much did you spend on getting your make-up done?
  • Options
    55 not including tip. Trial was free but I tipped her. Shes seriously amazing. Super friendly too -
  • Options
    So interesting that you had an issue with the DJ. We had amazing service from Zillis and the food was amazing! Michele and Candy are a dream team. But again we had issues with the DJ. They ended up refunding us a good portion of the cost before the event and brought in one of their top DJs who once he showed up was amazing!!
  • Options
    100% the food and team that work for our reception is AMAZING. Our food was better than Saz's and wish I had a plate that I could have snacked on the entire night:)
    Trying to control the DJ service and keep it within the Zilli Family is the issue. But it all worked out in the end. I think they need to allow other vendors in for photobooth and DJ service. It was funny that they said they do that to make sure the Bride and Groom are taken care of but in the end them left me with no vendr 2 months before the wedding:)

n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_vendor-reviews-milwaukee?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:118Discussion:f27f9e7b-2b6a-418f-9a92-bbdcf79d5dcaPost:7b99f9eb-913d-4113-810e-40abd11e43c3">Re: Vendor Reviews - Milwaukee</a>:
    [QUOTE]So interesting that you had an issue with the DJ. We had amazing service from Zillis and the food was amazing! Michele and Candy are a dream team. But again we had issues with the DJ. They ended up refunding us a good portion of the cost before the event and brought in one of their top DJs who once he showed up was amazing!!
    Posted by AshlieKohl[/QUOTE]
  • Options

Did you use anyone for your hair?  I'm looking for someone to come to our house and do it.  And I'm definitley looking into your makeup artist.  Thank you for the referral.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards