Favors

Candy Bar

I am organizing a candy bar in my wedding colors of purple and orange. Are there any websites with guidelines or suggestions on what to do for one? I am concerned that the quantity of candy I have currently calculated will not be enough. My extended family are known for their overindulging. Currently I have 125 guests coming any suggestions?

Re: Candy Bar

• edited December 2011
    I think they say 1/4 lb.-1/2 lb. per guest.  But if they tend to over-indulge, you may want to raise it to 1/2 lb.-3/4 lb per person.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Yes I agree with pp. I would just increase your amounts because if you already know they are going to go overboard, than they probably will, however, some people might not take the candy at all.
  • twilight.rosetwilight.rose member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had 1/4 lb. of candy per guest, and it was almost perfect. I had very little leftover, but everyone had more than enough candy. 1/2 lb. of candy per person is really quite alot, and you might end up with quite a bit left at the end of the night, given that your guests are going to have already eaten dinner, cake, etc.

If you simply want ideas for how to arrange it aesthetically, Googling "wedding candy bar" should give you plenty of ideas. :)
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did 1/2 lb. per person and it was way too much for my 1/2 pint boxes.  I realize now that for that much candy, I should have done the 1 pint boxes.  So also take into account the size of the takeout containers you will be using.

Anything more than 1/2 lb. pp is too much.  I personally think 1/4 lb. pp is about right.  You can also take one of the takeout container into a local place that sells bulk candy and fill it, and then multiply that amount times 125 for an estimate.
  • edited December 2011
    I love love love candy... and I would totally overindulge but I don't think all guests would do the same especially after dinner/cake. Are you having a buffet dinner? 
  • KarenLMKarenLM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A lot depends on the container you offer your guests to fill.  The suggestion of going to a bulk candy place and weighing a filled container is a good one.  I would then allow that amount multiplied by your guests (125), then add a few pounds more for those who will just grab a few candies to eat that evening.  Not everyone will fill a container (will grandma or great uncle Bert really take all that candy?), but if you have a lot of kids, they tend to over-do it.  It should even out. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards