Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Hotels and Things to Do in Philly

Hotels and Things to Do

Hi ladies.  I am taking my husband to an Eagles / Cowboys game for his birthday on October 30th.  I would like to stay over that night and then do something things around town the next day.

I was thinking maybe stay in Rittenhouse Square area or Independence Park area?  He is from Alaska so he's never been to Philly to see the "Liberty Bell or Art Museum or anything else for that matter.

Any and all suggestions on a good hotel that would be in a good place in walking distance of places as wel as suggestions of things to do. We will only have one day.

Thanks in advance. 

Re: Hotels and Things to Do in Philly

• Options
    neongreenboxneongreenbox member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hmmm I'm not sure about hotels but I always take guests to Reading Terminal Market for lunch or a quick snack and they love it! Would he also like going Eastern State Penitentiary? They have the Terror Behind the Walls haunted house going on in the evenings but the day self-guided tour is so fascinating.
  • Options
    WLevine75WLevine75 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I work at the Hilton Garden Inn right next to the reading terminal. Its at 11th and Arch. We are pretty close to everything. You got to watch out and make sure there is no conventions going on though. The city sometime sells out.....
    image 211 Invited image 153 Ready to Party image 58 Are Missing Out Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Holiday Inn Independence Mall has the best rates as far as I know in that area. 

There's a million things to do, Liberty Bell, Betsy Ross House, Independence Hall...

There's a bunch of hotels in Rittenhouse but they'll cost more money.  If you have a car, I say stay in Independence Mall area.  If you don't have a car, stay in Rittenhouse b/c you're more in the middle of everything.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards