Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Catering

Our wedding is June 1, and we still don't have the catering figured out. FI and I are vegetarian, so we definitely want something with good vegetarian options or maybe everything vegetarian or vegan. I think Mexican food sounds good, and whatever we do, we want it buffet-style. I asked the Spiral Diner (vegan restaurant in FW) & they've done some weddings, and a taco bar with them would be $15 a person (no delivery or set-up fees). I also talked to Los Toreros restaurant in Denton (they've done catering, but haven't done any weddings...), and a fajita buffet with them would be $10 a person. I'm wondering what a normal cost would be for catering for mexican food per person, and if anyone has any additional recommendations for caters, please let me know. We are working on a budget, so I think $15 a person (150 guests) is probably the most we'd want to pay.

Re: Catering

• Options
    I swear by the Taco Joint- it says they do catering, but I have never had them personally cater. If their line out the door at lunch is any indication, they are fantastic: http://thetacojoint.com/site/about/

Hacienda on Henderson fits within your budget: http://www.haciendaonhenderson.com/pdfs/HOH_Cater_Menu.pdf

Good 2 Go Taco is also super yummy and they tend to have a lot of vegetarian options. Their website is down but you can stop in to see catering/prices: http://www.good2gotaco.com/

I was going to suggest Urban Taco, but they charge 14.99$pp

Maybe On the Border? 
  • Options
    Celebration Catering can do pretty much anything you want, from country to Italian to Mexican.  We used them for our RD and had a vegetarian lasagna (I can't remember what kind it was) that was to-die-for.

They also have a restaurant with take-home menu items, so to sample them, we just ordered a few of their frozen entrees and ate them at home to figure out what we wanted to serve.
    Anniversary

• Options
    We use Celebration at work and we love it!
  • Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions! Doing fajitas at On the Border would be $14.29 a person, so still a little pricier than I'd like. Any estimate on how much per person for Celebration, Carrie & Prof?
  • Options
    Here's a link to a pdf of their menu: Click

Don't be alarmed that the first page is blank.  I don't know why that is.

Again, they told us they'd basically make anything we wanted, so the menu is just a starting point.
    Anniversary

• Options
    I'm not sure you could get much cheaper than that, but it's definitely worth a phone call, especially if no meat is involved. Just tell them your budget up front and see what they can offer. Sorry I can't be more help!
  • Options
    Yeah, I know... Just trying my best to keep everything inexpensive for everyone, since it's not just my money I'm spending, it's FI's too, my parents, and his parents. I Celebration & the catering girl was out, so I sent an email with ideas on what I'd like to see what I hear back... Really just wanting to get this whole catering this marked off of my to-do list! Thanks for your help, guys.
  • Options
    I think we are gonna do Abuelos. Pricing is 8.99 a person for 2 items like enchiladas, tacos, tamales, etc. fajitas run 10.99 a person. It comes with rice, beans, tea, and chips and salsa a believe. I also contacted blue goose cantina their packages started at 12.99 a person. Good luck:
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_catering-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:28052ec9-951e-4f08-a74f-07e9129a1bb1Post:cc112d87-a3f4-42df-b10d-c54e9ef3d523">Re:Catering</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think we are gonna do Abuelos. Pricing is 8.99 a person for 2 items like enchiladas, tacos, tamales, etc. fajitas run 10.99 a person. It comes with rice, beans, tea, and chips and salsa a believe. I also contacted blue goose cantina their packages started at 12.99 a person. Good luck:
    Posted by monbrown1988[/QUOTE]

Abuelo's! That's a good idea. Better pricing than On the Border. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards