African American Weddings

Bridesmaid Dresses

Tell me where you ordered your bridesmaids dresses at.  None of my bridesmaids/MOH is located in the same state as I am.  So, I was thinking David's Bridal, would be easier for the girls to go and try on the selected style.  Whereas, if I select other designer(s) I would have to find store locations for them to try on the dresses.  I am dreading this portion of my wedding.... Do you think I can afford to wait until April to look at bridesmaid dresses with my girl.....That's when I go home for our engagement party.  Also, I didn't want to really have them go and try on dresses and take pictures and I be like no...I don't want to waste anyone's time.  Especially since three of them live in different states.

TIA
Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary

Re: Bridesmaid Dresses

• TINAMMTINAMM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Since I only have 2 I actually bought theirs for them from Nordstroms and sent them to them. My flower girl dresses are amazing and I got those off ebay.

go to davids website and select the styles you have in mind and email them to each girl, then allow them to go to the store and try on the styles you selected. also check out the department store websites like macy's, nordstroms, dillards to see if you like anything on there and email those to them as well.

• edited December 2011

I only had 2 so I picked a designer and found stores in the cities where they lived.

You might be OK waiting until April think they say it usually takes about 3-5 months for BM dresses to come in.

• edited December 2011
    I actually had the girls order their dresses from bestbridalprices.com which is an online division of a bridal store in IL. I went to my local bridal salon had the bridesmaids try the options 1 for BM 1for MOH, then I looked @ the color swatches. I setup the acct with bbp and gave the info on which girls by name would order which dress, and then they went to Davids Bridal local seamstress shop, etc to have measurements and then they ordered via phone their dresses. I liked Davids Bridal dresses but they didnt have the styles I needed in a particular color.
  • edited December 2011

One of my bms is in nc. So I tried stores that I knew she could get to or atleast styles that were readily available. I have a matron of honor and a maid of honor. They are wearing the same dress. And my bms are wearing the same dresses. We wound up with alfred angelo dresses. After I picked the style. My bm in nc,  just called the store, went to get measured and ordered the dress. Honestly, I dont even know if it was the actual store or just a regular bridal store.  HTH

Photobucket www.mywedding.com/malcolmandkiaforever http://aawbrides.weebly.com/
  • csuperstar02csuperstar02 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just to add my two cents. I have 7 girls total; I'm living in a different city than where I'm getting married (not too far, but different all the same) and I have 3 ladies in 3 different states.

My MOH and I went to look at dresses, chose a style for her and the matron and one for the bms.

I made a newsletter for everyone that included a picture of the dresses and the designer and style number. They were easily able to find local stores with the dress.

?Well-behaved women rarely make history.?

?PAL/PGAL Welcome!?

Untitled

?BFP #1~4.29.11 | Blighted Ovum DX~6.2.11 | D&C~6.9.11?

Dx Unicornuate Uterus 4.12

?BFP #2~10.12.12,EDD 6.27.13| 11.8.12 - no growth :(| natural m/c 11.25.12| D&C 2.8.13 ?

• edited December 2011
    I got my BM dresses at JCP.com. They were only $40 and I bought them and had everyone try them on at my house. HTH
  • winter443winter443 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had the same dilemma.  I live in GA and 1 bm lives in ga but not atlanta, 3 in maryland, and one in penn.  I was going to go the david's bridal route since I figured it would be easy but they didn't have the color I wanted. 

I chose another designer that had the perfect shade of purple I was looking for and had authorized dealers in all 3 states.  I decided to let each bm pick out their own style of dress as long as it was the same color and fabric to make things simplier.

I think you will have enough time if you wait until April.  One of my bm's isn't ordering until Saturday but she had special circumstances so she'll have to pay a rush fee. 
    I love my baby, yep yep, he loves this chick! imageimageimageMy Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011
    My Bridesmaids got theirs from Nordstroms, ordered them on-line and had them delivered.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies for all your helpful advice!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary
  • tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My BMs bought their dresses from Kohl's.   I have three BMs.  Two of them live in the same state and one lives in GA (the rest of us live in NC).  I think it will be fine if you wait until April.

• edited December 2011
    Same boat here. I live in Philly, one BM in London, the other one in Argentina. so I went shopping with my sisters and picked a dress (still deciding on the color) and we will  order them from RKBridals.com. Cheapest prices around.

I also think waiting till April doesn't sound like a bad idea...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards