2. Your Birthday & Age and Fiance's Birthday and Age

3. City Born In?

4. City Live in?

5. Where did you go to college?

6. What was your major?

7. What is your current job?

8. What is your dream job?

9. How did you and your fiance meet?

10.  When did you get engaged and how did he do it??

11. When is the Wedding Day?

12. Where is the ceremony and reception?

13. What are your wedding colors?

14. Where are you honeymooning?

15. Favorite wedding vendor so far?

16. Biggest wedding splurge?

17. What is something you wish you could have at the wedding but don't?

18. Another knottie wedding you'd like to attend?

19. Favorite book?

20. Favorite movie?

21. Favorite tv show?

22. Favorite wedding dress designer?

23. Any advice you can give?

24. Anything you wish you could change about your wedding?

25. Share something about yourself!!
AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

Re: Knottie of the Day - MIABRIDENTAMPA

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Go Kaila, Go Kaila, Go Kaila! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. First Name & Fiance's First Name Kaila/ Joey

2. Your Birthday & Age and Fiance's Birthday and Age 
    May 23rd, 26/ Jan 18, 31

3. City Born In?
    Miami

4. City Live in?
    Tampa

5. Where did you go to college?
    Univ of South Florida

6. What was your major?
    BS in Healthcare Administration

7. What is your current job?
    Senior Review Adjuster for Southern Florida Division of Wellcare Medicare/Medicaid Health plan

8. What is your dream job?
    Senior Director for Wellcare Health Plans Florida

9. How did you and your fiance meet?
    We were coming out of a club in Tampa, I noticed him as he walked in front of me, his shoes didn’t match his shirt, so I approached him and asked if his friends let him come out the house like that, he said well give me your number and the rest is history, 4 years June 12th of this year

10.  When did you get engaged and how did he do it
    ?? After work friday night of June 12th. My bestie Mercedes called me to go have Margaritas @ our favorite place Chillis!! So we get out the house, first we head to the mall to get a few things @ Charlotte Russe, then we head to dinner. All the while she keeps getting these phone calls, telling "someone to go to Publix or try this place or that place" so finally I ask her who are you talking to, she tells me that her sis-n-law hubby is trying to plan a romantic bday night and he wanted fresh frozen rose petals. So I was like ohhh thats night. So we finally have about three rounds of margaritas, and head back to my house. So she is dropping me off to my house, as I get out, I notice someone has wasted rose petals in front of our townhouse. So I get out the car and Im like oh my neighbors are so rude, Im really tipsy, so I go to put my key in the door, and its wide open, so by now I am like I know this MAN did not leave my front door open, all the lights are off and the dog didnt room to me, so Im still a bit confused, until I reach our living/dining room and spelled out on the floor is WILL U MARRY ME in votive candles, and there are rose petals everywhere leading up to our stairs. I turn around and he is on the stairs with the box and I just start crying crying crying!! IT was the most amazing thing in the WORLD!

11. When is the Wedding Day?
    July 10, 2010

12. Where is the ceremony and reception?
    Ceremony- Ocean Terrace of Hotel Grand Beach Miami, Reception Ronald Shane Center

13. What are your wedding colors?
    Turquoise, Lemon Yellow, and Chartreuse accents

14. Where are you honeymooning?
    Maui, HI

15. Favorite wedding vendor so far?
    Videographer- Belvedere Films

16. Biggest wedding splurge?
    Floral décor, wayyyy more than I ever imagined I would spend on wedding florals

17. What is something you wish you could have at the wedding but don't?
    Live Band @ the reception

18. Another knottie wedding you'd like to attend?
    I would probably say Yas!! She has awesome ideas, and I remember when she became an AAW knottie!!!

19. Favorite book?
    Flyy Girl- Throwback I know,lol

20. Favorite movie?
    Harlem Nights

21. Favorite tv show?
    House Hunters- HGTV

22. Favorite wedding dress designer?
    Ulla Maija

23. Any advice you can give?
    Do your research on your vendors, and do not be afraid to NEGOTIATE, in this economy every number is negotiable. Also, ask for opinions on the board, but in the end follow your heart, because its your day!

24. Anything you wish you could change about your wedding?
     Longer honeymoon, maybe 3 weeks instead of 1 week

25. Share something about yourself!! 
    I am too happy, I have to get ALL my wisdom teeth removed soon, just because I know I wont eat, and entail lose some free weight for the wedding!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Biggest pet peeve ? WR & NWR

Favorite moment with fi, besides that wonderful proposal ? (I was almost in tears over here, that was so romantic. It was also funny you fuming at the neighbors)

Celeb that you would love to sock in the right eye and why ?
    Photobucket www.mywedding.com/malcolmandkiaforever http://aawbrides.weebly.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Biggest Pet Peeve- People that try too hard to impress others even if it means going broke, I have some family like that, I dont understand spending thousands on shoes or clothes, but the repo is knocking down your mama door, SMH.lol

Celeb I would want to sock in the eye: It would have to be Lauren London, I could not believe she fell for the mess that is Lil Wayne, reallly I hope my punch knocks some sense into her.lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Love reading about you!

I too think Yas is fab. She has so many great DIY and ideas and I remember when she joined and when she got engaged :)

Yeah that London girl, she is so pretty. I can't believe she got with that dirty Lil Wayne

Great advice on the negotiation thing.

Edit: the proposal is so you. Love it.

Love u girl!

• Options
    Stackeye210Stackeye210 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your proposal story is awesome!  That is so thoughtful and sweet! 
  • Options
    TysWife2BeTysWife2Be member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow...what an AMAZING proposal story!

As I was reading when you said you thought it was the neighbors being so rude, I thought you were about to say you went over banging on their door cussing them out or something...LOL!!! Having some alcohol is your system sometimes makes you hella bold!

Did you always want to go into Healthcare or were you one of many college students that changed their major?

AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

• Options
    OFFOFF
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love that proposal story and that your bff was involved in keeping you occupied.  I love a good teamwork story!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Did you always want to go into Healthcare or were you one of many college students that changed their major?  I always knew I wanted to go into the healthcare field, my mom is a nurse, so I grew up loving medicine. I really knew, when my grandma was diagnosed with breast cancer, how well her doctors and nurses to care of her, it was just awesome.I knew I wanted to make a difference. My major started out Pre-Med, but after my first semester, I was like OH NO.lol... Me and fi have talked about me going back to school maybe in the next couple of years to be a pharmacist, he knows I want that doctorate behind my name.

• Options
    essianessian member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for sharing. Wonderful proposal story !
  • Options
    winter443winter443 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Loved reading about you!

-OMG, the proposal was so sweet!!!
    -I almost forgot about Flyy Girl, I love that book too, I think I still have it somewhere
    -And yes, I was so mad that Lauren London got pregnant by that loser Lil Wayne! Ahh, he is the worst, she could have done much better!

I love my baby, yep yep, he loves this chick! imageimageimageMy Planning Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    AAAWWWW.... First off, Congrats on being THE KNOTTIE OF THE DAY!!!! I am loving the proposal story! Thank you for choosing my wedding as the one to come to.:-) Thank you for the advice of negotiating. Definitely have been doing that and catching specials. I really pray that you can go back to school and become that DR.! That would be so great! I hope that you enjoy the rest of you day honey! Laughing
    My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_knottie-of-day-miabridentampa?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:7fb39087-96c4-44fa-b1e7-e22cde9bdc55Post:4afd5eb0-d111-4181-a047-fde4e37ebe9d">Re: Knottie of the Day - MIABRIDENTAMPA</a>:
    [QUOTE]Love reading about you! I too think Yas is fab. She has so many great DIY and ideas and I remember when she joined and when she got engaged :) Yeah that London girl, she is so pretty. I can't believe she got with that dirty Lil Wayne Great advice on the negotiation thing. Edit: the proposal is so you. Love it. Love u girl!
    Posted by Mypasmita[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I just know that your wedding will be fab also fellow engineer. :-)
    My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love hearing about your story,,,,and awesome proposal....sooooo sweet!!!!!  Smile
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Great story! We were proposed to on the same night
    Wink
    My Planning Bio - updated 4/19/10
    Our Wedding Teasers
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    243 invited image 170 Said YES image 45 Can't party US image 28 Haven't heard from image Invitations sent out on 4/6/10 - Our RSVP date is 5/15/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aww...I love your proposal story. Your birthday is the day before mine. :)
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Love reading about you.  And your proposal story is just lovely!

If you won a multi-million dollar house in the city of your current residency and could hire anyone to decorate (at no cost to you), who would it be and what room would you have decorated first?

What three things must you have before you leave the house?

What famous person, living or dead, would you like to talk to for an hour and why?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    AHHHH YES Come to the pharmacist side!! Let me know if you want any info about it I would LOVE to help you whenever you're ready!! I work for medicaid too...so you can just come over to our side! LOVE IT! I cant wait to see pictures of this wedding that I rest ASSURED will be stunning!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Such a sweet Proposal!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey Ms Lady! It was cool to read about you. I loved the engagement story also. I am with you on the Lauren London and Lil Wayne situation. I cannot believe she entertained his carolina river cricket looking a$$ for even a milli second. Eww!!! Can you imagine him in your face hovering over you? UGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!! lol
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards