Pre-wedding Parties
Options

What do you think about a Stop In Shower?

I just received an invitation for a Stop In Bridal Shower at the host's home. The invitation says "Stop in for a few minutes or stay the entire time." Have you ever heard of one and what do you think?

My first impression was, 'Wow, it sounds like the host wants us to drop off a present and leave. That's rude.' But my sister pointed out that not everyone likes to play games and people get bored watching the bride open gifts so maybe this way guests can come socialize, eat something and leave when they want. I thought that was a good point. 

I won't be able to go regardless. I was just curious as to other people's thoughts. 
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: What do you think about a Stop In Shower?

• Options
    gundy21gundy21 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a baby shower like this - it worked well and most people stayed the whole time. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    tlbattagliatlbattaglia member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't see a problem with this.  Actually, sometimes I would prefer this option!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    blush64blush64 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In my circle this is seen as rude. (open house kind of thing where people just want gifts) It's just a drop in bring a gift and leave. (eat on the way)

I don't like it. If you don't want to play a shower game, you just don't play. People get their close to the start time have lots of food and refreshments, prizes and games for those who wish, socializing for others. There isn't an end time because it goes on as long as people want to stay.

Everyone has their preference so if this is something people love, great. I would not host one for someone else and I would not want one hosted for me.

EDIT I wanted to add, when the guest list is large my family opts for more than one shower so that it's more personal and everyone gets to talk to the bride.  If the list to too big it feels too impersonal.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like the idea... for me mainly because I have a lot of mix of friends from college, from high school, from now, then my family, cousins and sisters and whatnot. So in the case of a pop in shower may be a great idea because my friends who come and do not know anyone aren't stuck playing the games (that I LOVE) and forced to socialize with people they do not know. Personally, I don't care about shower gifts. You can bring one or not, I just want everyone together having fun and celebrating. so I think the idea of come and go is cute actually and maked thinsg less casual. But again I live in southern cali where nothing is formal...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the replies! I had never heard of it before and was surprised when I got the invitation. I was just interested in the opinions of others. 

Like I said, I have plans already for that weekend so I can't go. I wish I could b/c now I'm curious to see how it turns out. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards