Catholic Weddings

Whats on your lenten menu tonight?

I made the mistake of looking up some yummy salmon recipes and now I'm starving! Can't wait until 5 o'clock for this one:

Goat Cheese Salmon
Ingredients
4 salmon fillets 1/2 cup herbed goat cheese 1/4 cup prepared Dijon mustard mayonnaise blend salt and pepper to taste
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a large baking dish.
Arrange the salmon fillets in the baking dish. Make small incisions in each fillet, and stuff with equal amounts of the herbed goat cheese. Spread equal amounts prepared Dijon mustard mayonnaise blend over each fillet. Season with salt and pepper.
Bake salmon 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until easily flaked with a fork.
(from allrecipes.com)
~The Future Mrs. L~ Planning Bio Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Whats on your lenten menu tonight?

• Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

my H, after 36 years, has finally agreed to try shrimp.  ive been telling him how yummy it is, an how healthy it is (pure protein, low fat (although there is high cholesterol)) and he's finally caved and is willing to try it.

so, i'm going to attempt some type of stir fry tonight with shrimp and garlic.

• Riss91Riss91 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Since we can have meat today I'm likely going to have chicken - maybe piccata my fav!
    edited December 2011
    riss, why can you have meat?
  • agapecarrieagapecarrie member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    its a solemnity.
  • _Dagney__Dagney_ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a fresh bunch of Kale and frozen shrimp at home.  I'm in the mood for fish though, so makby I'll run to the shop on the way home.

I am so over pasta.  So most likely, rice on the side.
  • edited December 2011
    Going out for sushi...but I will definitely be adding the goat cheese salmon recipe to my cooking list!!
  • Jasmine&RajahJasmine&Rajah member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Crystal at MoneySavingMom.com posted a receipe this week, Green Rice Casserole, that looks awesome.  DH really likes green chiles so I'm looking forward to making it. . . and it sounds supremely easy and quick, which is always a plus!

http://moneysavingmom.com/2011/03/green-rice-casserole-recipe.html
  • catarntinacatarntina member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_whats-lenten-menu-tonight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:bce96516-f059-445f-b63c-cf8321d0166ePost:914f907d-e49e-4ec4-abca-09ffc484790f">Re: Whats on your lenten menu tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]my H, after 36 years, has finally agreed to try shrimp.  ive been telling him how yummy it is, an how healthy it is (pure protein, low fat (although there is high cholesterol)) and he's finally caved and is willing to try it. <strong>so, i'm going to attempt some type of stir fry tonight with shrimp and garlic.</strong>
    Posted by Calypso1977[/QUOTE]

This sounds good.  If it turns out, will you share your recipe? :)  I *LOVE* shrimp, but it never turns out when I try to cook it at home.

I think I'm going to be really simple and have a grilled cheese today. LOL
    ---------
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    edited December 2011
    well, i did buy the pre-cooked, peeled deveined shrimp so all i have to do is heat it thru.  cooking raw shrimp i thought would be a bit more challenging.

i bought some stir fry veggies, water chestnuts and rice noodles when i picked up the shrimp at lunch.  we shall see what i throw together.
  • edited December 2011
    I dunno yet. After the day that I had, I will probably eat leftover tuna noodle casserole or make myself something. H is probably going to help out with the Fish Fry, but I think I am staying home tonight.
  • edited December 2011
    Woohoo! Solemnity of the Annunciation of our Lord! It's a feasting day. But we (the youth group I run) are in charge of soup supper and stations tonight so cheese pizza and soup it is, haha.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • LibrarydragonLibrarydragon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I made my own fried calamari using the first recipe here: http://www.kitchendragon.com/Fried_Calamari_Recipes.html It works well for shrimp and veggies too.
    Mother of the Groom
  • edited December 2011
    Last night I just had what I call an Egg McMuffin Light - Light English muffin, egg whites, and veggie cheese. Yummy! Tonight, Saturday, it'll likely be something similar, since I had a wedding cake tasting today and used up a bunch of WW points that way!

Linda
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards