Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Hi again!

Hi All! I wanted to reintroduce myself. I posted a few times back in December and January when we first started planning. We’re about 3 months away from our 10/22 Wedding at the Platinum and it seems like there’s still a lot left to do! Anyway, I’m hoping to chime in around here a little more often now that we're getting closer to the wedding. So Hi everyone! Here’s a list of our vendors (and and a few other things) that we’ve booked so far, if you’re curious.

Vendors

Ceremony/Reception: The Platinum, Misora Room

Officiant: Rev. Linda

Photographer: Chelsea Nicole (You can see some of our engagement pictures  here)

Hair & Makeup: Lori White

DJ: All Night Long

Welcome Reception: THE Hotel, E Suite (For anyone considering suites at THE Hotel, I found this pdf of the floorplans. Scroll to the last two pages.)

Things I think I’ve decided on, but haven’t actually booked yet

Flowers: Pam at the Palette (we’ll probably do bouquets only and DIY table décor)

Welcome Reception Catering: Maggiano’s, and buy our own booze

Cupcakes: Retro Bakery

Other Stuff

Dress: I got a Jim Hjelm dress at Running of the Brides in Atlanta!

STD and Invitations: My fiancé is a graphic designer, so he created them and sent them off to Vistaprint. No major complaints. They initially sent us the wrong order for our invites, which was kind of annoying. But since we haven’t actually addressed, assembled or sent the invites yet, I guess it doesn’t really matter. :)  We ordered envelopes from LCI paper and have no complaints.

Re: Hi again!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hmmm link to The Hotel suite floorplans doesn't seem to work... let's try this: http://tinyurl.com/5rhcvg
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome back! We used Rev. Linda for our wedding in May and loved her, excellent choice!!
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    That's great to hear! We just skyped with her a few days ago, and she made us feel so comfortable. I felt a little strange asking a Rev for a completely non-religious ceremony, but she put us at ease. I'm really looking forward to the ceremony now. :)
  • Options
    kara811kara811 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi there! Just wanted to say, your e-pics are beautiful!! 
  • Options
    Sara191431Sara191431 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Yay, welcome back! You're the closest I've seen to a "date twin":) Ours is 10/21/11, and I hear you on the still feel like a lot left to do comment! I thought I got a lot done, but now I feel like I have so much to do still/figure out! I'm also using Lori White, and using the L Suite for our reception at TheHotel. I've looked at that PDF many times, it's a great find for those suites!

Also, nice on your photog, I love her pics! I also love Jim Hjelm dresses, almost got one. I'll have to check out your bio after work to check it out, (if you posted it)!

Lastly, you may want to make sure Pam is available for your date if you haven't already. Not sure how far in advance she books out, but we booked her quite awhile ago, she's been great so far!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My dress is also Jim Hjelm!! I'm so excited to wear it 9/3!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the sweet words on the e-pics everyone! That was all Chelsea. I felt like an awkward mess getting our pictures taken. LOL. So happy we were able to do that before the wedding...I think (hope) I'll be more comfortable doing our wedding pictures.

Sara--hey we might run in to each other at The Hotel on the 21st! We saw the E suite on our scouting trip and it seems like a pretty big space. We're thinking we could have up to 60 people, and I'm trying to imagine what that will be like. Do you think people will be pretty packed in there? Or will we have room to breath? I'm curious what you think. I'm a little worried that it's going to be uncomfortable and/or hot.
  • Options
    Sara191431Sara191431 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_hi-again?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:2487165b-9d7b-49cd-a4c6-c074e3b06201Post:2305677c-d1ac-44d4-b223-7ead6b57049c">Re: Hi again!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sara--hey we might run in to each other at The Hotel on the 21st! We saw the E suite on our scouting trip and it seems like a pretty big space. We're thinking we could have up to 60 people, and I'm trying to imagine what that will be like. Do you think people will be pretty packed in there? Or will we have room to breath? I'm curious what you think. I'm a little worried that it's going to be uncomfortable and/or hot.
    Posted by Ann&Erik2011[/QUOTE]

Maybe!:)  Yes after another knottie just had her's in the L, ErinKay, and she had I think 80 people, I think you'll be fine.  Your's is just 100 square ft. less than ours, which isn't much, I saw them both on my scouting trip and they are very similar.  Erin said that it was crowded but by no means uncomfortable.  We will have about 50 guests max, hopefully.  She also had about 5 hightop tables and wishes she would have gotten a couple more as a lot of people snatched them up with about 5-6 standing at them.  We are probably going to get 4 depending on our guest count.  SO, to answer your question, I think you'll be totally fine!

**Edit - Took a look at your bio, is there a pic of your dress in there somewhere?  Also, that running of the brides is craziness, lol, but glad it paid off for you!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info Sara. Hightops are a great idea! I'll look into that.

I didn't put a pic of the dress on the blog since our wedding guests are following the blog (and I want a few elements of surprise). But it's Jim Hjelm, style 8657. Here are some good pics of a bride wearing the dress:

http://bios.weddingbee.com/topic/my-dress-jim-hjelm-jh8657
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Your E-pics are stunning! Congrats on the upcoming wedding. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards