Rhode Island
Options

Inexpensive Water Locations

Does anyone have any ideas for a waterside location where I could have the ceremony and reception that isn't too expensive??  I'm looking for something creative, but everything in Newport seems to be so expensive.  Any ideas are welcome!

Re: Inexpensive Water Locations

• Options
    edited December 2011
    How many people are you expecting? Here are some places near water:
    Easton's Beach Rotunda in Newport
    Atlantic Beach Club in Middletown
    Glen Manor in Portsmouth
    North Beach Clubhouse in Narragansett (up to 100 guests)
    The Andrea Hotel in Misquamicut (up to 100 guests)
    The Towers in Narragansett (with a ceremony on site or at the town gazebo adjacent to the Towers and across from the seawall/ocean.)
    The Squantum Association in Riverside (not inexpensive, but may not be as expensive as Newport sites you've looked at)
    Sakonnet Vineyards in Little Compton (tent wedding site; can see the Sakonnet River from the vineyard.)
    Cafe Nuovo (on the riverfront in Providence)
  • Options
    pruemunropruemunro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Glen Manor is absolutely gorgeous! We have our wedding booked there for next year and absolutely love it, there are a few down sides that you may hear with regards to the setup of the mansion as it doesnt have just one big room and is split between 3 or 4 which means people may be split up during dinner.  There are some seating options though such as a sweetheart table between the rooms etc.  The beauty of the place overrode the seating issue for us though and is right near the water.  A few benefits of Glen Manor that we found...
    - Ceremony and Reception can be held onsite
    - Only 1 wedding per day and you can choose the time you would like to use the venue for
    - Police will be available during your event so that the public cant enter, you have exclusive use of the property
    Prices were reasonable, our fee for reception only (we're getting married at a Church) was $5,500 for a Sunday afternoon/evening
    Hope this helps!
    ?Once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairytale?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm also a Glen Manor House bride, but we're paying $7500 for a Saturday night.  

In regards to the split rooms, it's actually only 3 areas.  The 2 indoor rooms are divided by a "half" wall, so it's not as extreme as a place like Aldrich Mansion, where the dining rooms are split among a giant foyer. 
  • Options
    i2012doi2012do member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I third the Glen.
    But if you're looking for inexpensive itmight not be the place.
    The 7500 on a Saturday is rental fee alone.

We ended up at our 2nd choice- the Towers.
    and you can get married there, or like KB said at the gazebo across the street.

Also-- I think  that Easton's beach is really great ,and more affordable-- its about 5000 to rent...

When I was looking in Newport, I found the most economical place was the Atlantic beach club. There is a place to get married outside at the park/beach area next door, and then there are doors off the balcony which your guests can access during the reception.

I looekd at over 16 venues in RI so if you want to email me, feel free.... I have honest opinions of each place and current pricing since I just looked in the last month or two, and it might save you some time :)

my email is JCorvese@ Gmail dot com
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got married at the north beach clubhouse and renting it is like 600 dollars if you're a narragansett resident, not sure how much if you're not, but it's pretty cheap.  And it's RIGHT on the beach.  
  • Options
    RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are renting Easton Beach Rotunda for $2,000 for a Sunday on Memorial Day Weekend. Rental fee includes coordinator + 2 staff, tables, garden padded chairs  and 1 hour rental of the carousel plus the ceremony, which includes a white trellis. The wrap around deck is great for cocktails. The price for a Saturday event is now $4,000 for 2011 (price drop). It's definitely a unique location and really inexpensive for Newport. The Rotunda is also a blank canvas so you can put your own mark on it. It is definitely a unique venue. Free ample parking.

You do have to bring in your own insured caterer. This was important to us because we wanted to have a very specific type of cuisine served so it worked out. You have the option of a cash bar or open bar too. We decided on open bar (we saved so much on venue fees, we allocated the funds to alcohol) You do have to pay for insurance but it is relatively inexpensive.  The Rotunda fits 175 people comfortably but we went over that mark by 10 and they were okay with it. Fire code limits no more than 200 people in the space at one time. If you are having a small wedding, less than 150...it may be too empty looking.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I got married at the Regatta Place in September.  We had a day wedding and it was very reasonable...2500 rental fee and 55/pp.  They also included a sail on the Aurora for 75 of our guests after the reception.  They were fantastic to work with too!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married and having our reception at Warwick Country Club.  I wouldn't say it's inexpensive but much cheaper than Newport with great view of the waterfront and bridge.  If you are looking for off season it is great because we had to book 2 years in advance!  Atlantic Beach Club was our second choice, less expensive in October...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards