Hawaii
Options

Asian Makeup Artist in Maui?

Anyone have a good asian makeup artist to recommend for Maui? I had experiences with non-Asian makeup artist, they just don't know how to do Asian eyes, the way Asians would.

We are getting married in Olowalu Plantation House.

Re: Asian Makeup Artist in Maui?

• Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know that you need to be quite as concerned about this in Hawaii as you would be on the mainland.  There are so many Asian women of different types in Hawaii that anyone who's an experienced MUA will be very familiar with makeup for Asian women.

One artist who has examples of makeup for Asian women on her webpage is Mira Carman - http://www.mauimira.com/  I don't know if she's Asian herself, though, if you think you really need that.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've seen a couple of shoots that Jessica Waite has done with Asian brides.  She is amazing!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Carrie, seems like you are also a Seattle bride Yeah! Thanks for the tip, and I did just look her up, her pictures look amazing. Very professional.

Schmizerdoll, I was considering Jessica Waite and Dan until I found out that they each charges $75 travel fee to Lahaina area. They are pricy it seems to begin with, and with the $150 travel fee just seems a lot...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Call Mira...I believe she's Chinese....she does great makeup. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mira is so professional!

I had booked her, but she ended up becoming pregnant and arranged a co-worker to do our wedding--she handled everything on that end.  (She had her baby just three weeks before our wedding!) Sweet on the phone and great via emails, which is a big plus with these island weddings :)

• Options

Aloha! We are the premier hair and makeup artists for Indian & Asian brides in Hawaii. We provide expert henna/mehndi and hair/makeup artists for Asian/Indian/Hindu/Sikh wedding in Hawaii. We provide our services on all the islands of Hawaii, inlcuding Kauai, Oahu, Maui, Molokai, Lanai and Big Island! 

Maui Indian Weddings & Bollywood Parties is also a full service wedding coordination company. Visit our website to learn more details, @ http://www.mauiindianweddings.com or call us today at 1-808-250-5881

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards