New York-Long Island
Options

catering under $2,000?????????? HELPPP

I found a cheap place to rent in Suffolk County and they allow outside caterers so I am looking desperately for one. It's a room with kitchen (house sized stove, microwave, refigerator and ice machine). So I just need some ideas. I have tables and chairs, so I'd just need table cloths if possible, place settings (silverware, glassware, plates, etc) food, alcohol and food service. Possibly a cake also. 
My wedding is for March 2012 and I am having no more than 60 guests.

Re: catering under $2,000?????????? HELPPP

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You might consider looking at restaurants and seeing if they do catering.  Try to figure out your price per head.  
    imageAnniversary

RIP Dr. Irving Fishman - 10/1/19-7/25/10 - thank you for holding on for me.
    You made my wedding day complete.
  • Options
    alithebridealithebride member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2011
    well, you have many months to work on this so don't panic.
    go to your favorite restaurants. ask if they do catering and bring everythign with them.
    your budget may be low-but no one said you have to have a 5 hour reception either.
    i'm wondering if it woud be easier/more cost effective to just have your reception at a restaurant? no worries about plates etc...
    the alcohol is where you'll run into trouble.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    maybe consider getting a food truck. a friend of mine did a tex-mex/taco truck and it was the best food i ever had at a wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The only problem that I have encountered with actually DOING It at a restaurant is being that my date falls on a Saturday, most places will understandably charge an enormous rate to reserve that date on site and require a minimum of 100-150 people. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We didn't say to hold it at a restaurant, we said to ask them about catering.
    imageAnniversary

RIP Dr. Irving Fishman - 10/1/19-7/25/10 - thank you for holding on for me.
    You made my wedding day complete.
  • Options
    alithebridealithebride member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2011
    saison-I suggested the in restaurant.

OP is that date set in stone? it's months from now-can you change it to a sunday and do the in restaurant thing OR change it to an afternoon?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    What about a cocktails & dessert reception?  That way you don't have to serve a full meal, and you can splurge on a great cake and other desserts (mini-pies, cupcakes, ice cream, chocolate fountain, etc.).
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards