Outdoor Weddings
Options

Is April too cold to have an outdoor ceremony in New England?

Re: Is April too cold to have an outdoor ceremony in New England?

• Options
    i would ask pple in the new england area and repost to the local board
  • Options
    You might get lucky and have a nice day, but generally, April is not outdoor wedding weather. At least not in NH.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I live in New York and I'm having my wedding at the end of April. I plan on having an outdoor wedding but my venue is also setting up inside in case the weather is too cold, inclement,etc. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    depending where in New England (I grew up in CT and have relatives in various states in New England), it may be chilly or rainy/snowy. It's usually colder on the coast with the wind coming off the Atlantic, and northern new england maybe still be getting snow. It's probably not a dealbreaker if you have tents and heaters to be prepared, but for a better bet I think you might want to wait until June, July, or August.
  • Options
    I would say May or early June would be best bet for outside wedding in New England. Though I think it's safe to say sometimes New England weather is just all over the place.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Depends what state and what location in New England (MA, VT, CT, RI, NH, ME) you're planning for in April.  I'm originally from Berkshire County, MA/Vermont area, and *average* temperatures can range from 31-63, with some light snow and 50% of the days in the month having light rain (I checked online for accuracy).  April is really an iffy time for an outdoor wedding.  But again, it depends on which state in New England you're speaking of.  It will be a lot colder higher up in VT or NH and in Maine, but a bit warmer down in CT area.

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    April showers bring May flowers.  You would most likely need a tent or an indoor backup plan.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I've lived in New England (MA and RI) my whole life.  New England weather is notoriously unpredictable.  Maybe you can find a venue that has both indoor and outdoor options for the ceremony?  That way if the weather is cold you can use the indoor site instead?  It's always a good idea to have a backup plan for an outdoor ceremony anyhow.
  • Options
      I would definitely have an indoor plan if it rains or gets too cold. Just in case. 

My cousins wedding was lat year on April 30th. It was a beautiful day. A bit chilly but, I have grown up in CT and I like the air a little crisp. Some elderly relatives or young children might not agree with me, so definitely have an indoor back up plan.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards