African American Weddings

Wedding Start Time & CPT TIme

I'm getting ready to order invites.  I've been to weddings where the invites said 11 and it didn't start until 11:30.  I'm assuming it's to cover for CPT.  What are you ladies doing?  Should I account for CPT and make my invites state 30 minutes earlier than when the wedding would start?

Re: Wedding Start Time & CPT TIme

• sharonda1981sharonda1981 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nope, not worried about guest. rather they are late or not the wedding waits for nobody. I am determined to have my wedding start on time. Late comers will just have to wait outside until there is a free moment to be seated in the back. Now for the wedding party, the ones I know have a problem being on time are the ones I'm worried about.
  • edited December 2011
    Not worried about it. We start at 4pm and if you aint seated prior then sucks to be you. The doors will close and we will begin.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Im doing the same thing, If guests are not there at time of ceremony to bad so sad. We are waiting for no one!
  • edited December 2011
    My mom and I went back and forth on this.  She wanted to put 5pm on the invitation, when the wedding starts at 5:30.  I refused to do this and she finally relented.  I figure that our wedding is in July and I'm not having the people who are on time sit outside in the hot sun to accomodate for those that are late.  We're getting married with 1 or 100 people there.  If you're late, then that's on you.  I'm sure that there'll be some people who are late, but oh well.  
  • edited December 2011
    Not the least bit worried about this.  My people know I am always on time and my wedding will be no different.  I know of a few brides who walked down the aisle 15 minutes after their designated start time to allow late comers to get seated before the grand entrance.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Not waiting. Besides, the musicians start charging $50 after a 30-minute delay. Definitely NOT in our budget. So the show must go on!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Nope. Put the time on the invites that the wedding will start. I've been to weddings where the ceremony started later but it was due to something going on within the wedding party or just random stuff that caused a delay (anything can happen). But I definitely would not depend on when guests would arrive.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    on another board a suggestion was to put a wedding start time, but also put the time of when the wedding party will start the wedding procession so they know that you should arrive at 5pm to get a seat because the wedding doors close at 5:30
  • edited December 2011
    lol we were talkin about that on the interracial board too. I personally think you should put the actual time of the wedding. CPT or not, people need to respect your time and money. Plus, as long as you, FI and the officiant are there, "the show will go on."
    " he's the perfect rhyme to a tight beat." Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • desi2002desi2002 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i am atarting on time too. waithing just makes you stressed.
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic me and my daddy
  • edited December 2011
    i seem to be the only one but my invitations will say 3:00PM but the wedding will start at 3:30PM.  i know that ppl will be late - and i know that something will come up so i am allowing some buffer time.  my priest is aware of the discrepancy between the invitation time and start time and he agrees. 

it really depends on your guests though.  i must say that i have never arrived to a wedding on time, either on purpose or bc of traffic. 

also depends on whether you have having the ceremony and reception in the same space, if so, you may have to pay extra for the buffer time. 
  • edited December 2011
    This is our wedding. We are starting at 4:00 PM. You can try us if you want to and you'll have to enjoy the pictures and stories of what happened.

I went to a wedding last May that stated 6:00 PM on the invite. Living in Atlanta, I knew that meant I needed to leave my office a half hour early to get there so I did. I was pissed off that everyone who was there, was forced to wait until 7:00 to account for those people who DIDN'T plan ahead!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards