Ohio-Columbus

Franklin Park Conservatory

Hey ladies. I was wondering if any of you knew kind of how much getting married at the Franklin Park Conservatory would cost. There's only going to be around 75 guests. The thing is I love the conservatory, it holds a lot of meaning to me since it's where my fiance and I took our first pictures together and one of the first places we had one of our first dates. The problem is I don't want to go look and talk prices when it can't be fit into our budget so if anyone has gotten married there and has an idea of how much it costed lemme know

Re: Franklin Park Conservatory

• edited December 2011
    I never got married there but I did look into it and got their pricing info for 2010. If you're not getting married that year, the prices will probably either stay the same or go up. I was planning on having about the same amount of guests, and IMO the conservatory really isn't a good budget idea for smallish weddings. They have a beverage minimum that ranges from $1500 on a Sunday to $2000 on a Friday, and $2500 on a Saturday. For us, that was almost impossible to reach without going overboard. The pricing for the room is different for whatever month you're getting married, day of the week, as well as what room you want.The prices ranged on a Saturday from $2000 to as much as $3500 during Jan-April and Oct-Nov. During May-Sept & Dec it ranges from $2000-$4000 depending on which room you want.It is possible, but you'll generally be spending at least $2000 on the  room alone, plus an additional $2500 on beverages. Depending on your budget that can take up a lot. It is however a lovely place, and its not a bad price for how nice it is. Our only concern was the beverage minimum, since we weren't having a huge wedding and our guests probably wouldn't be drinking that much.
    Anniversary
    wedding bio
  • edited December 2011
    My fiance and I recently decided we will be having our ceremony at FPC. We're getting married in May of 2011, so we have to wait until February 2010 to book it (that is when they open the books for 2011 events). We considered other places, but my heart has been set on having our wedding in the Palm House at FPC for quite some time. Their pricing is pretty high though, and we were looking for somewhere that would let us bring our own alcohol to the reception. We ended up deciding to have our wedding on a Friday, mostly just so we could afford to have the ceremony at the Palm House. It is $1,000 cheaper to rent it on a Friday than a Saturday - big difference in my opinion! We're having the reception at the Loft at Smith Brothers, and are saving about $500 there, too, by having it on a Friday. I think if FPC has special meaning to you, you could probably find a way to make it work with your budget! Maybe have the ceremony there and the reception somewhere else? I have their 2010 pricing info and can forward it to you if you want - just let me know your email address. Liz
    kissing

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP: 10/26/11 EDD: 6/28/12

• edited December 2011
    The previous posters seemed to answer your question pretty well, especially since I don't have the most up-to-date prices. However, I did hsve my wedding (ceremony & reception) at FPC, on a Sunday, so if you have any questions let me know!
  • lookame3639lookame3639 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Hey could you forward the pricing to me ? My email is mpayne3639@gmail.com
  • edited December 2011
    Sure! I just sent it.Liz
    kissing

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP: 10/26/11 EDD: 6/28/12

• lookame3639lookame3639 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! Looking at it, it seems pretty doable. It'll be a big budget buster but I think it's worth it. At least to have our ceremony there. Thanks everyone!
  • Hello,
              I am also interested in FPC and was wondering if you could also email me a copy of the pricing, I would be very greatful!
    Thank you,
      s648219@students.rio.edu
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_franklin-park-conservatory?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:112Discussion:10466392Post:62571769">Franklin Park Conservatory</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sure! I just sent it.Liz
    Posted by ehighley[/QUOTE]

PLEASE SEND ME INFO AS WELL: eboniemartin@gmail.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards