Ohio-Columbus
Options

Pianist

We're hoping to have a pianist play during cocktail hour/dinner and a DJ afterwards.  Anyone have any recommendations for a good variety pianist (ie pop and classical), or know where I should search to find one?  Thanks!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary

Re: Pianist

• Options
    skippylouwhoskippylouwho member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try the music school at the various local colleges, including Ohio State. I Googled pianists Columbus, Ohio and got a lot of results back including this list
    http://www.partypop.com/categories/Pianists/Columbus_OH.htm I don't know any of the people on that list. 

You might ask any of the reception venues and caterers you talk to as they may be able to recommend someone.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My dad is actually a piantist. He's been performing, playing at events and teaching lessons in Columbus for years!
    Here's his Web site - http://joedunlap.com. If you click on the discography tab it takes you to all of his CDs and you can listen to him play and see if you like him.
    I have no idea what he charges but I know he's done countless weddings and can play anything you'd like and offer suggestions if you need them.

You may want to check with the jazz arts council for reccomendations.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    gigmasters.com has searches and reviews.
    craigslist?
    big bang piano bar?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Doug Hare for our ceremony and cocktail hour (we had a DJ for the reception - Capitol City Sounds).  Doug was just wonderful to work with -- he plays a little bit of everything and will really play whatever you want if he's got the music for it.  We had a special song we wanted for our processional, and he found the sheet muscic for it, practiced/learned it just for our wedding!  Can't say enough great things about him (and his wife)!

Good luck!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Steve Banks for the piano for our ceremony and cocktail hour.  He plays a wide variety of music and was on board with whatever we want to do!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards