California-Northern

Venting......inlaw

Ok...so I am beginning to feel the stress of this wedding.

The invitations came and they were so plain, so I decided to DIY them to make them nicer. It’s a laborious job, but they look 100% better. Anyhoo..so as I was cutting and gluing away last night, FI tells me that he spoke with his sis who loves in PA. She said to him “Do I have to be a bridesmaid? Is there anyway I can get out of it? I don’t think I can afford to come.”

Ok……she and her baby-daddy bf did not lose a job…in fact….they just recently bought a new car. I asked her to be a BM about 10 months ago….so…it’s not like they found out this last week. The baby-daddy bf already told FI that he won’t come because it’s too expensive. This is the same guy that asked if it’s ok to wear shorts to his mom’s wedding. I’m actually relieved if he doesn’t come.

So when FI told me this…I started to cry. It’s a mixture of being really hurt that she could say that, being really hurt because I thought she was happy to be part of the wedding, mixture of all this time and stress I put into those damn invites….and just plain hurt that my new family member would say that. 

FI talked to her some more and she agreed that she would be missing out.

She did agree to come now..but still..Gee…it’s like we should be grateful now that is doing us a favor for showing up.

Had to vent.

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Venting......inlaw

• apple_greenapple_green member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They sound quite unsupportive... it sounds like if she's not a BM, you'll be better off! Sorry :(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Not sure how many BM you have, but as pp said, this may have been a good way to let go of some potential drama.  If she is bringing her little one, it's hard to do the dance with wedding obligations and taking care of the child.  I hope it works out successfully!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards