Louisiana-Baton Rouge

Magnolia Mound plantation reviews- BR

Has anybody been to a wedding at Magnolia Mound Plantation in Baton Rouge, or does anybody know anything about it??

Re: Magnolia Mound plantation reviews- BR

• kfurnikfurni member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I visited there last week and it's very pretty.  It's very old and rustic looking which i like.  They have different areas you can have the ceremony outside and a huge barn where you have the reception but it's really neat.  I was seriously considering this location, but my only concern is the weather.  if it rains i'll have 120 wet guests!  They have a house that fits 50 people for a ceremony.  I'm still debating...
    oh and it's very cheap considering it's a plantation.  Since it's owned by BREC and is maintained by tax money.  good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I had my wedding there on May 15, 2010 and the location is GORGEOUS, but the people you are forced to work with are awful! They cashed my deposit check, for "not putting away chairs" that they had set up, and did this while I was on my honeymoon. They are very hard to get in touch with, and dont seem to have their act together. When I started planning my wedding I was speaking with one person and then all of a sudden there was someone else I had to deal with, and they told me different things, which made planning difficult. Also, after we had paid our deposit, they put a huge plastic tarp on the roof, which made taking pictures or having the ceremony on the back of the big house impossible. I was disappointed with the service I received, but the grounds are beautiful
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards