Wedding Woes
Options

Zilla, I thought of you.

I signed up for my local grocery store's website, and saved $15 between them offering me $5 off my total bill and discounts for other things.

Why am I so late to the party?

I said to myself, "Zilla, would be proud of me."

Re: Zilla, I thought of you.

• Options
    WzzWzz member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    nola, that's so exciting to me! i love saving money on groceries. $15 is a good chunk of a grocery bill some days.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    Very nice Nola.

I'm impressed that I'm doing the food for M2's party for $70- includes a few apps, a meal, cake and ice cream for 25 people. 
  • Options
    WzzWzz member
    that is impressive. i love hearing about how people save money on food, especially for parties.

my grocery money usually only gets spent on things like meat and produce, since there are hardly any coupons for that. otherwise, i use coupons for almost everything else and just stay stocked up. i think between st patrick's dinner, palm sunday, and easter, i spent just around $70, which also covered a week's worth of meats for weeknight dinners.
  • Options
    That's what I miss about Kroger- they send you meat and produce coupons.  My new grocery store doesn't.  It's still way cheaper than most chains around here (Jewel and Dominick's, I'm looking at you!) since it's a fresh market, so I don't complain.  And they make their own versions of Italian songs with their name in it, so it's funny.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    The big thing for me is to start planning early so I can buy things on sale.  I also go to a lot of stores.  I knew we were doing a baked pasta so I jumped on a pasta/sauce deal at Kroger and stumbled on a deal on canned tomatoes.  I had a $5 of $50 coupon and some other coupons so I managed to get our weeks groceries and the pasta stuff for $40.  This week I hit Aldi for cheese and vegetables (bagged carrots 49 cents) for $15.  $18 for a Costco cake, then another $10 for some prosciutto/salami/mozzarella appetizer.  I snagged meatballs for $10 at GFS (no I didn't make them).  Today I snagged fruit, 3 gallons of ice cream, Eagle and next week's groceries for $35 at Giant . 

I guess that adds up to $110, but there is 2 weeks of groceries also.  The menu is:

Apps- Meat wrapped mozzarella, fruit tray with dip, BLT dip and cheese with carrots, cucumbers, celery and crackers.

Meal- tossed salad, garlic bread, baked penne, meatballs

Dessert- cake, ice cream
  • Options
    WzzWzz member
    what is meat wrapped mozzarella? is that like a meatball with a chunk of cheese in the middle?
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member

It's mozzarella wrapped in either prosciutto, pepperoni, or salami.  I looked good in the display case so we'll see.

• Options
    WzzWzz member

that sounds pretty good.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards