Pre-wedding Parties

More On Declining Parties

Short & Sweet Version: If someone offered to host a shower for us a year ago (knowing we were getting married November 2013) and last mentioned that they really wanted to host/do something probably about 8 months ago, but hasn't said anything since (lives across the country so not like I've heard anything from this woman since, but still)-

Is it more awkward to message her and tell her we are declining the shower? Or just let it lie and if she offers again say (please tell me what to say, the mother of FI's HS friend offered to host a shower for us last year in the midst of our grieving the loss of FI's mother, I said that would be great because who knows WHAT I said during that time, but not it's just not going to happen logistically and I feel so strange about the whole situation?)?

Thanks in advance... :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
pinterest, obvi.

Re: More On Declining Parties

• I would not bring it up again, personally, until she mentioned it. Who knows if her offer is still on the table, KWIM?

if she mentions it, I would say, "Thank you so much for that generous offer. We really appreciate it. Unfortunately, logisitically it is not going to work out for us, but thank you again for the really kind offer."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    Ditto PP. "Sue, it is so sweet of you to think of FI and I. But, We've chosen to not have any showers. We'll see you at the wedding!"
  • I wouldn't bring it up. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • That is much easier. Just wanted to be sure I wasn't being rude by not bringing it up :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    pinterest, obvi.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards