Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

April 13,2013 wedding review !!

Heinz Chapel - A++++++++
Heinz Chapel was amazing. The coordinators were so helpful! i was beyond nervous and they had the whole routine down. I couldn't have asked for nicer ladies to plan the
Ceremony flow.

Rev Mark from a simple vow-A++++^+++++++++

Rev mark and his wife are amazing . She stayed in the back with me fluffing my dress and helping to keep me calm. Rev mark made our wedding so personably and added spirituality. He made our ceremony the most amazing moment. EVERYONE at the wedding commented on how they cried and loved the ceremony.

Theresa Glenn photography- A++

Theresa and her husband were great! Our engagement pictures were awesome so even though we haven't seen any pictures yet I know they will be great too.

Jon Ryan films- A+++
I am in love with cinematography so when I found ( or my husband will say he found ) Jon's site I was in love. He was great to work with and I can't wait to see the teaser.

Venue: Bigelow conference center in Oakland. A+++++

If you haven't checked this place out I highly encourage you too ! It's VERY reasonable and you can bring your own alcohol!! Nilda the coordinator is so nice and easy to work with. They have a list of approved caterers. Everyone kept saying how beautiful and unique l the venue was. It used to be used by the historical society so everything is very vintage and gorgeous! I can't say enough good things about them.

Hair: Brooke Rockwell Studios- A+++

Her sister Harbor did my hair. She's so super nice and did an excellent job. They came to the venue and worked with the girls on what they wanted their hair to look like. I loved my hair!

cielcosmetics -Clare -A++++++
I love Clare! She is amazing and always makes me look beautiful. My skin is super sensitive - even different lotion can cause hives on my skin. I was pretty nervous about the makeup. My skin didn't react negatively at all and looked flawless all night. We did pictures before the ceremony so I was worried that it would fade before the ceremony but it lasted all night!

Marissa knaub harpist- A+++++++
AMAZING- I know I have said that about everything but she sounds great! She has a lot of music to pick from and can accommodate any songs. Highly recommend . She did a diet with my singer. It was gorgeous!

Jenn Russell - A++++++
Her voice is out of this world. I purposely asked her to sing Ava Maria twice because she does it so well. Once in the prelude once for the mothers rose ceremony. Her voice is sensational and she is a pleasure to work with.

Holiday inn - now currently the Wyndham in Oakland -A++++++
we had a lot of out of town guests so we made out of town bags. We took the OOT bags to reception and they handed them out to the guests
. Some of the guests who had already arrived didn't get the bags so the reception desk called them to let them know. They were really great. The location is perfect for Heinz chapel and any wedding in Oakland. Our guests walked and took the shuttle.

Pittsburgh popcorn company- A+++++
can I just say that this was one of my favorite things of the wedding?
The popcorn was so fresh and yummy! We got 6 big barrels as our favors and served it after dinner. It definitely went! I highly recommend them.

Amore limo- A
The limo driver was professional and nice. My dress was huge and getting in a s out was very hard. He was very nice.
I would recommend this vendor.

Mb Bride In greensburg- A+++

I got my dress from here and did the alteration package.

Steve Schwartz Associates-A +++
invitations, OOT bags, cocktail napkins,and reception cards.

He is the nicest guy . He has every price invitations and all are gorgeous. I seriously want to frame mine! I love his work! He carefully goes over ever word of the invites to make sure everything is PERFECT.

Carrie Ann Powell - flowers
She did the reception flowers , my bouquet, the girls bouquets, basically all the flowers. I wanted white hydrangeas for the girls - they looked great. I wanted pink hydrangeas and pink peonies in my bouquet. When we originally got the bouquet, it looked great. While I was getting my hair done my mom went over to look at them. When my mom started to touch my bouquet dye came off in her hand. Long story short they were dyed pink. If that would have got near my dress....we tried blow drying the bouquet that didn't work. I finally called her and she came and replaced the bouquet. I just wish we would have known ahead of time they were going to be sprayed pink and not natural flowers.
Other than that the flowers looked amazing and everyone was scrambling to take them home at the end of the night! So no harm no foul. It's such a small thing you just gotta roll with it.

Otto productions- up lighting A+++

My colors were pink,cream and light green. So we did pink up lighting . It was amazing . I was inlove with how the room transformed. It's amazing what a little light can do. I highly recommend this vendor . Easy to work with.

Prantls- A++++

Yumo! We did the almond torte cake but covered with icing so it still looks pretty . Our cake was lovely.

Mens wearhouse- A+++
They were so great. All of the groomsmen were from out of town( Canada and NY) so it was hard with fittings. The contact at MW let us know who to contact to get measurements and was very nice.

Dj mark Tishko -A+++++++++++++++++++++

Omg- he was awesome!! I've been to a lot of wedding but he had us dancing all night long! People never left the dance floor. I more than highly recommend this vendor!

I'm sure I forgot someone but it was the best day of our lives. I stressed and cried over this day for month but in the end when your husband looks at you and tells you how amazing everything is and how beautiful you look,the small worries really don't matter !!

Have fun planning girls!

Re: April 13,2013 wedding review !!

• Options

I am so happy to hear you had such positive experiences!  Your reviews helped BIG TIME too because I am having my reception at the PAA so I am HOPING to get Heinz and hope to use the Wyndham.  Hope married life is super awesome for you and your hubs! :)

• Options
    Great reviews! Please post pictures of your wedding from Theresa! She is our photographer too! Our engagments came out nice, but some were not so great so I am getting nervous. Congrats to you and your husband!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Man, you are so quick! Glad everything was fabulous!!!
  • Options
    I will definitely post pictures of the wedding when we get them! Married life rocks. It's somehow different I can't describe you all will see soon enough!
  • Options
    OP, I just saw Theresa posted a picture on her website and it looks great I am excited to see!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards