June 2013 Weddings

Wedding Wednesday

What'd y'all get done this week? Lot's coming up this week? We're getting soooo close!
                                                                              Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Wedding Wednesday

• I just ordered invites for the bridal shower and the wedding (late I know!), got things rolling with the photographer, scheduled a second appointment for the cake decorator and the dress fitter, I'm updating the website and we decided on food for the wedding!

We've been planning a timecrunch wedding so we're a little behind on almost everything, but we're finally starting to catch up. Only 60 days to go!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This weekend was more centerpiece work. They are going to end up being exactly what I wanted, despite the fact that they're a giant time suck. I also paid off the remainder of the condo we rented for our honeymoon. Oh, and half of my bridesmaids picked up their dresses already.

I'm hoping to get invitations in the mail on Friday, which means I need to figure out how to print address labels. Good thing I've got an unopened bottle of wine at home to get me through it. Then it'll be more centerpiece stuff, until they're done.
  • I spent the day last Saturday, with the help of my Mom, addressing and stamping invitations. They were put in the mail on Monday (that was a happy day!) And now I am excited to start getting replies back! We are planning on ordering the guys suits this week, and hopefully finalizing our ring choices and ordering this weekend. I am having the hardest time deciding on our favors- I know I want to do something edible, but I just haven't found the perfect thing- I am probably putting way too much time into thinking about the favors, but I want it to be money well spent and something our guests will enjoy! So, I am hoping to make that decision this week/weekend as well.

• We've had quite the wedding week!

We had our first shower last weekend with FI's family. It was a blast and we got plenty of great gifts. It was like the kick-off to our wedding season and made us so excited for the wedding. Sunday, I got all of the thank-yous for the shower done. Last night and this morning, FI and I got all of our invitations stuffed and addressed and now we're just waiting a week or so to throw them in the mailbox. So exciting!

To come this week: This afternoon I have a meeting with our florist to "play" with flowers to see what I like and what we want for centerpieces, bouquets, and decorations. Then tomorrow FI and I have a meeting with our reception venue to finalize the menu and to start working on details. The coordinator is different from the one we were originally using, but this new one seems nice, so I'm hopeful everything works out. Then Friday I have my final dress fitting and I can't wait to see how the dress looks with the sash I bought. Finally, on Saturday we have another pre-marital class with our pastor. The last one did not go well at all (difficult issues to discuss), so I'm really nervous about this one.

I can't believe our wedding is only 87 days away! Crazy!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Let's see. I feel stagnant and like I'm making progress at the same time, which is weird, but whatever.

We made some final vendor meetings and started talking about that in general with all our vendors. 

We asked ushers and have two people to do that now. And FI has finally decided that our dog is still too young and rambunctious to be our ring bearer, so now we're high and dry on what to do about that. 

RSVP's are flooding in. We've gotten 90-ish of our 150 person guest lists responses so far, which is awesome. 

I wrote a rough draft of our ceremony. FI said he had a few very small changes to make to it, which is fine. He's much more articulate than I am, so his changes are much welcome and I'm going to hit him up for those tonight. 

My boudoir proofs should be sent to me by tomorrow. That's what my photographer said on Monday, so fingers crossed on that. 

And my shower in Saturday. It's going to be smaller than I wanted and hoped for, but I'm still very excited and can't wait. 

Next on our docket is getting our marriage license since we're in the 60 day range and can officially go get that now!
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Very productive weekend for me...

Applied for our marriage license, had my wedding hair trial done and loved it, got all of our flowers and decided on what we are going to do for bouquets.  We are having a flower making party this weekend.  Figured out centerpieces and got many more items to help make those!!  It doesn't sound like a lot, but I felt that last weekend was very, very productive!!

This week we finished booking our honeymoon hotel and cabin stay.  We also ordered our favors and many of the attendants gifts!!

I have my first dress fitting tonight and then I'm off to the city to buy some more wedding items!!  Everything is finally falling into place :)

• Oh let's see, I've been pretty stagnant too because we're still waiting on taxes...BAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!  >:(

I finalized date and time with our first look location and renewed my museum membership so we can have pictures done inside.  I'm so excited about that!  Invitations are finally going out this week.  They will go out this week whether it kills me or not!  LOL  I stayed up until almost midnight last night putting them together while FI sealed them with the wax seal.  He has about 50 more to seal and then I'll drop them in the box!

My dress is in a holding pattern while we wait for my tartan material to come in.  I'm totally stressing over that.  But we did get most of the guys' stuff picked up last weekend so that's good.  The rest of the guys' stuff we're waiting on won't come in until 2 weeks before the wedding.  FBIL has our picture CD done.  We just need to get over there with a jump drive and copy them over.  Then I can do centerpieces...finally.

I'm really just stressing over making all the payments right now because of the tax situation.  The IRS sucks and won't tell my accountant if they've even accepted my return yet or not...WAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!
    June 2013 Sig Challenge - Shoes

Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hey June Brides! 

I had a fun week:  My dress came in last week but its in my hometown so I will not get to see it/try it on until I go home next weekend for my shower.  I cannot wait to see it!!!

Last week I had my make up trial and I loved the girl/make up so all of that is finalized.

We will be mailing our invitations tomorrow :)  Just have to finish sealing the last of them tonight and they will be off!  Wish I was getting the rsvps, but my parents wanted them since they are "hosting." Probably better, but still would be fun to get the mail everyday Smile

This weekend FI brother will be in town so we plan to go to MW to finalize what FI and the GM are wearing.

My bridal shower is next weekend; yay.  I can't help but stalk my registry!!

Anniversary
  • I didn't do much wedding wise this week. But I'm going to my hometown this weekend, so I'll probably get to see my dress with the alterations (all I needed done was to have the top taken in a bit so I can go  braless lol), and a few fixes on the skirt - since we bought the sample dress off the floor when we bought the dress.

Other than that, I'll just be recording any RSVPs that come in, and search for a cake topper that doesn't break the bank!
    Married as of June 22, 2013!!!

• We've decided to change our caterer which is stressing me a lot right now, but I know in the long run it will make everything easier. The new place has been amazing and I'm so excited to work with them, but trying to work out the changes with our venue has been a major project this week...they're not great about getting back to me right away. I feel like I've been checking my email every hour waiting for a response! Haha! Other than that I've been working on our wishing tree and will finish that up in the next couple days. And hoping to send out our invitations by the beginning of next week, but I need to update our website before I can send them out!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I made most of the appointments I had been postponing. Meeting with the florist next week, then taking the centerpiece and linens to meet with the venue coordinator and to see how it looks put together. Scheduled my hair trial for May and makeup trial for 6/3! It was a PITA trying to schedule both, and I've accepted the fact that I'm not going to be able to do hair and makeup trials on the same day. Meh...

We also got an email from our officiant saying she wants our rough draft by the end of April. We wrote it up last July. haha. FI and I are going to go over it this weekend and send it to her.

I've also started a couple DIY projects. I have all of the materials to make a fabric-covered cardbox. I've cut the fabric. I just have to glue it all into place. I hope it's not disastrous. I also bought a bunch of cheap glass vases that I'm going to turn into mercury glass with the Krylon Looking Glass tutorial. Another one that could turn out bad, but would be really awesome if it works.

I mailed out all of the American invitations this week and have been mailbox stalking for rsvp's ever since. I just finished the calligraphy for the Canadian ones. I'm waiting for the stamps from Canada Post so I can put them on the postcards and assemble everything. Invitations took me weeks longer than I expected. I learned a lot, just in time for me to never need to do this ever again.

AND, I'm going to write up my choices for string quartet songs and send them to FI for his approval.

Cake! - June 2013
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards