South Carolina

Rehearsal Dinner Columbia

Hi Ladies!

I have so much done for our April 2012 wedding except the rehearsal dinner. I really don't want to spend $2000 on dinner for 50 people but that is what some local eateries are quoting me. Where are you all having your rehearsal dinners? At this point I'm open to just renting a space and having party tray brought in. Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Rehearsal Dinner Columbia

• msktn95msktn95 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on your planning efforts.  Maybe you should check with local restaruants and see how much they would charge.  I know Texas Roadhouse provides a discount for large parties. Some hotels may give you discount if your dinner is on a friday.  Good luck
    Follow Me on Pinterest image image BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We had ours at California Dreaming. They allow you to set up your own menu, that way you can keep an eye on the tab....
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Chaunte' & Dave
    May 21,2011
    Life As A Newlywed
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • S2K2012S2K2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!

Chaunte we were looking at California Dreaming but we have a huge party-probably 50 people :(. At this point I'm thinking we are going to have to look for a space to rent out and then have it catered. If you don't mind what was your cost per person at California Dreaming?

Msktn-neither one of us eat red meat but that's a good thought! Especially if we can limit what people order.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I really don't know what was spent. My MIL paid for it all. But like I said before, you can pick whatever you want.
    My MIL made her own menus.. picked a chicken, a salad and steak... no apps, she limited the drinking to just wine... anything else was cash bar.

H say he thinks she paid about 2K.

Hope that helps!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Chaunte' & Dave
    May 21,2011
    Life As A Newlywed
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • A hotel is a good choice. They will have space for everyone and, most importantly, privacy. Look for a hotel that don't do wedding - chances are it will be cheaper and will have more dates available. To make even less expensive, bring your own food... I've been to the Hampton Inn Columbia Downtown Historic District (http://www.hamptoninncolumbia.com/) and it was very nice. The staff was helpful, the location is perfect.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards