Louisiana-New Orleans

French quarter wedding

Hi ladies!

I'm trying to start planning for an April 2014 wedding for about 150 people. What are some nice venues that aren't too expensive? We are wanting a 'party' type reception atmosphere.

The wedding is semi destination because my fianc is from New Orleans and I'm from Mississippi, but we live in Las Vegas and his family is spread out across the south post Katrina.

Re: French quarter wedding

• We're getting married at the Wax Museum in about 3 weeks and it's very reasonably priced, compared to other venues that we looked at. You can select your own caterer or use one of their suggested caterers. It's a fun space and can definitely accomodate your crowd. The coordinator there, Beth, is fantastic and very quick to respond!
  • cfreesquaredcfreesquared member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2013
    Im getting married at Southern Oaks Plantation. Ive always wanted a plantation wedding, and they do pretty much everything and are wonderfully priced! Shalea, Stacy, and Kyle are so awesome to talk with, and probably the nicest people ive ever met. Also, one of my friends is getting married at the pharmacy museum. That place is so cool!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks for your suggestions ladies. I'llbe sure to put them on my list of venues to check out!
  • I will be looking forward to your vendor reviews! :
  • Have you considered Latrobe's?  Also, The Chicory is nice and not far from the FQ.  And I REALLY REALLY like Race and Religious.  Oh, and the House of Blues is very cool for receptions.  Good luck!
  • We had our reception at House of Blues this past April and it was fabulous. I can't say enough good things about it! Truly a party in celebration of our wedding, with amazing food and drinks. Plus, if you do it in the Parish Room, it needs no additional decoration! HTH!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Ngddvm1 I was thinking g about the house of blues. How many people did you have at your wedding? Also do you have pics of the parish room?
  • My fiance and I are having our Wedding & reception at the Riverview Room in NOLA. It has gorgeous views of the Mississippi River & jackson's square. Mary is wonderful to work with and the venue was one of the less expensive places I found in New Orleans.

http://www.riverviewroom.com/

Good Luck!

• My Fiance & I are getting married at the Republic. We went to every venue in town looking for our dream location.  This one took the cake, it is super fabulous & reasonably priced. Also very dark and old world romantic~Jessica is great and she can answer any questions you may have, her number is 504-258-7288. Good Luck!
  • Thanks ladies! 
    I really love the riverview room, but i don't think we'll be able to meet the $20,000 Saturday minimum. The date we've set is set in stone because its really special..and it happens to fall on a saturday... :-/
  • We're getting married next month at Pat O's on the River. Just like Riverview, it is in Jax Brewery and overlooks the river. It does have a different feel than Riverview Room, but depending on what you like, it could be a good fit. And the cost is much lower than $20K! Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards