Pennsylvania-Central
Options

The Country Barn Venue

Looking for reviews on the Country Barn Venue in Lancaster!  Was looking at the package prices and wondering what it includes.  Called owner, waiting to hear back.

Thanks for the insight!

Re: The Country Barn Venue

• Options
    I just went and toured the Country Barn yesterday, I loved it.  I was going to post the same thing looking for reviews on the place.  The prices online include the reception location and the catering, in some packages even the DJ.  If you want a your ceremony there its an additional cost.  I found the prices to be very reasonable compared to others I've seen.  Hope this helps some.
  • Options
    The last time I was there it wasn't a great experience.  Jim the owner and his mother were nothing but rude to the bridal party and bride, the staff were dressed unprofessionally, and the reception was cut off almost an hour before the quoted and promised end time by the owner.  Here are the reviews on wedding wire.. I can't recommend enough to please check reviews before booking.. looks like the most recent was in October and wasn't that great: http://www.weddingwire.com/reviews/country-barn-lancaster/aa812f0fd36b438c.html

Have you checked out the other barn venues? Duke Farm, Landis Valley Museum, Cobblestone Courtyard at Lauxmont Farms?
  • Options
    Thanks!  It does a lot.  Were going to visit next month!
  • Options
    The reviews for the Country Barn have been mixed, at best.  I've heard some pretty bad ones.....my dau ghter was looking into it for her wedding last year, but the guy was terrible at getting back to her, then he was just...idk, obnoxious?  Not a good vibe at all, so they dropped that idea and went to The Yellow Barn at Landis Valley instead.
  • Options
    I looked at The Country Barn too. I absolutley loved the inside upstairs locaton. However, after hearing a lot of bad reviews about the place we decided against it. "Farmer Jim" was a nice guy but I think it's too new of a venue and they don't have all the kinks worked out. I was also concerend with the food and where they prepared it. He wasn't really willing to show the kitchen etc. I would look at the reviews on the boards on here for some help. Good luck !Smile
  • Options
    Your post was a while back, but if you're still interested, we had our wedding reception at Country Barn back in 2008 and we had a fantastic experience.  The venue is absolutely gorgeous, and Farmer Jim couldn't have been kinder or more accommodating with us.  Maybe we had to push him a little bit to get things done just the way we watned them (and we had an amazing wedding planner to help us - Lori Hemphill), but everything was done exactly how we wanted it done.  

We especially LOVED that we could bring in our own liquor for the bar (Jim provided sodas, glassware, etc.), which saved us a ton of money.  We also LOVED the food - so did our guests - it was outstanding.  Jim helped us arrange to source all of the desserts that we wanted to have at our party, including mini whoopie pies (super yum!).  We had a photo booth set up on one side, our band on the other, and everyone danced and ate and ate and ate all night long.  We wouldn't trade it for anything.  

Feel free to ask me any questions.  I have lots of photos if you want to see how the barn looked when we decorated it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards