Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Who to invite to the engagement party?

My parents' friends have offered to host an engagement party for us and as I start making a list of who to invite, I begin to get overwhelmed! We're working with an engagement party guest list of 100. I'm pulling from our wedding guest list so no worries, not inviting anyone who isn't invited to the wedding! But, here's the deal:

I have 8 bridesmaids, 1 junior bridesmaid. He has 9 groomsmen and we have a flower girl and ring bearer. As you can imagine, just our wedding party takes up a huge chunk of our guest list! But, my mom is one of 7 siblings and my dad is one of 5 so I have a lot of aunts, uncles, cousins, and even second cousins that I'm close to. Are there any rules of thumb on who to invite family-wise? My fiance's family is taken care of - there aren't a ton of them, but it's my family that I need help "cutting" from our list. I don't intend on inviting family who lives out of state, but basically everyone else lives within a 30 mile radius. If I invite all of them, I leave very little room for my fiance and his family to invite their close family friends which I do not want to do.

This was a long-winded way of saying that I need guidance on how to slim down this list! Thank you :)

Re: Who to invite to the engagement party?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards