California-Northern
Options

Outdoor Sonoma wedding in March - too cold???

Hi all,

For various reasons, we've decided on a March 2014 wedding.  I've got my heart set on having at least part of our wedding outdoors, but I'm worried it may be too cold. The venue I most like has an outdoor area for the ceremony and for dinner, with an indoor area for dancing afterwards.  Is it crazy to plan something like that in March?  We could do heatlamps and probably even a tent if need be.  Has anyone gone to an outdoor March wedding in Northern California?  Would love any thoughts!

Re: Outdoor Sonoma wedding in March - too cold???

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-northern_outdoor-sonoma-wedding-in-march-too-cold?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:56Discussion:7ebefbad-2baf-4a3e-af96-744a1d161cafPost:8f8c8a90-09a0-4132-9b39-4b8df582010c">Outdoor Sonoma wedding in March - too cold???</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi all, For various reasons, we've decided on a March 2014 wedding.  I've got my heart set on having at least part of our wedding outdoors, but I'm worried it may be too cold. The venue I most like has an outdoor area for the ceremony and for dinner, with an indoor area for dancing afterwards.  Is it crazy to plan something like that in March?  We could do heatlamps and probably even a tent if need be.  Has anyone gone to an outdoor March wedding in Northern California?  Would love any thoughts!
    Posted by kascali[/QUOTE]

I honestly think that is very risky.  Sonoma can be beautiful in March and 70 degrees, or it could be 45.  Is there any various reasons you might be willing to push to May?  that is a much safer month for that area.
  • Options
    I've lived in Sonoma County nearly my entire life. It is definitely risky. Last March I remember it raining the day we did our engagement photos. I suppose you could still do it, but I would make sure to have a solid plan B option in case it rains or is too cold.

photo fancy-as-fuck.jpg
  • Options
    If you have a venue that allows it you could do a tent. That way you can be outside, but still have the comfort of heat and such. They do clear tents which would allow you to "bring the outside in".  Just a thought
  • Options
    I wouldn't do it unless you have a plan b option. it still gets very cold in march in that area.both my grandparents used to live there and march was always a sketchy month for parties.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards