Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Uninvited guest attending the wedding.

My fianc and I are haveing a small destination wedding. 2 people who were not invited have already booked their flight and hotel for our wedding. They found out our wedding information from a family member who was invited. We had a small guest list for two reasons, first we wanted it to be our closest family and friends and second we simply cannot afford a big wedding. What do I do at this point since they have already paid and how do I prevent other people who are not on the guest list from attending?

Re: Uninvited guest attending the wedding.

• Options
    edited March 2013

Wow.  First of all, I would tell the big mouthed family member what happened.  I would also tell Big Mouth that they should call the people who booked and apologize for whatever in hell he/she said that made these people believe that an invitation would be forthcoming.

When is your wedding?

ETA - you should probably post this on the Etiquette Board - just put an XP infront of the Headline indicating that it is a cross post.

Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • Options
    itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_uninvited-guest-attending-the-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:b73cdc94-b5a0-4121-aa24-3b64baba5a6ePost:fae9335e-f305-4ae1-9fcc-902aa9dfbadd">Uninvited guest attending the wedding.</a>:
    [QUOTE]My fianc and I are haveing a small destination wedding. 2 people who were not invited have already booked their flight and hotel for our wedding. They found out our wedding information from a family member who was invited. We had a small guest list for two reasons, first we wanted it to be our closest family and friends and second we simply cannot afford a big wedding. What do I do at this point since they have already paid and how do I prevent other people who are not on the guest list from attending?
    Posted by brittanylemos[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's a lot of nerve.

Who is the family member and who are these two people?

How do you know that they are specifcally coming for your wedding and not just for a vacation?

BTW...if your wedding is in October like your profile says...you shouldn't have sent out invitations yet, anyways. But whatever.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_uninvited-guest-attending-the-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:b73cdc94-b5a0-4121-aa24-3b64baba5a6ePost:ec00a06c-4b25-455e-a117-9081011d39f7">Re: Uninvited guest attending the wedding.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Uninvited guest attending the wedding. : Wow, that's a lot of nerve. Who is the family member and who are these two people? How do you know that they are specifcally coming for your wedding and not just for a vacation? BTW...if your wedding is in October like your profile says...you shouldn't have sent out invitations yet, anyways. But whatever.
    Posted by itzMS[/QUOTE]

I don't think she has.  I sent out STDs nine months before the wedding because travel plans would be required of everyone.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • Options
    Yeah, I would confront the person who gave out your wedding information and make them deal with this mess. I can't believe people would book travel and accommodation without speaking to the bride and/or groom first, especially if they haven't gotten a STD or anything. Wow.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_uninvited-guest-attending-the-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:b73cdc94-b5a0-4121-aa24-3b64baba5a6ePost:ee07a7e5-b595-4516-b847-af6ea1c780fa">Re: Uninvited guest attending the wedding.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, I would confront the person who gave out your wedding information and make them deal with this mess. I can't believe people would book travel and accommodation without speaking to the bride and/or groom first, especially if they haven't gotten a STD or anything. Wow.
    Posted by tiny speck[/QUOTE]

This is also what I would do.  They paid anything?  Not your problem.
  • Options
    Call the people and tell them you are sorry but you are having a small intimate wedding and that you did not invite them,tell them asap so maybe they can get a refund on their ticket!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards