Illinois-Chicago

VENDOR REVIEWS

Hello everyone!  Our wedding was on June 25, 2011 and I cannot say enough wonderful things about our vendors!

DRESS:  Here Comes the Bride - Addison, IL - Diane and Rose at HCTB were INCREDIBLE.  Even though the shop is in a rather shoddy strip mall DO NOT let that deter you from visiting them.  They had my dream dress, which I had found at a previous shop in the city for well over my original budget.  HCTB had it for half the price.  I needed a ton of alterations on the dress because I had lost quite a few inches prior to the wedding and the alterations were fabulous. I loved my dress and felt beautiful in it and I owe that to Diane and Rose.

FLOWERS:  Zuzu's Petals - Orland Park, IL - What is there to say about Natalie that hasn't already been said.  Natalie saw my vision, loved my color scheme and worked within my budget.  The flowers were amazing!  She even managed to do some last minute work on our champagne glasses without issue.

VENUE:  Doubletree Hotel - Alsip, IL -  The Doubletree was AWESOME!!! For an all-inclusive deal you cannot beat the Doubletree.  The ballroom was beautiful and their event coordinator, Noelle, was a dream to work with. I love her.  She knew that this was a second wedding for both of us and understood that we wanted an elegant wedding without spending a fortune.  The food was TERRIFIC and my guests even asked if they could get recipes from the chef!  Noelle and her crew were prompt with answering questions, were there the entire night and kept me informed of any changes during the evening.  I love them and would recommend them for any party you might be considering.

DJ Service:  Tone Productions - Joliet, IL - This is where things get tricky. I LOVED our DJ.  He wasn't cheesy at all, was hands-on and did a great job of putting up with all the kids requesting music and still playing my chosen songs and keeping with my do not play list.   Unfortunately, I did not have a great experience with Tone's office staff.  At our initial meeting I was told that many things were "included" and was also told that the DJ assistant would be a "runner" for me, so to speak on the day of.  I also wanted a specific song for our entrance and knew it was too long and wanted it cut.  Again, the original DJ I spoke to at our meeting answered all my questions, said everything I wanted to do could be done and promised me the world. I adored him and was excited that he would also be our DJ on the day of. 

Unfortunately, for our next set up meeting, I found out that the original DJ was no longer with the company and the guy I was dealing with at this point was not even going to be the DJ day of.  I was frustrated that this was never communicated to me and just felt that all in all, I wasn't really being treated very well.  The owner got involved but it still wasn't a great experience.  Closer to the wedding, I had to get my venue coordinator involved as well. 

So here is the thing, I wouldn't NOT recommend Tone but I will say you HAVE to get EVERYTHING IN WRITING up front.  If you are promised confetti cannons and glow sticks and such, get it all in writing.  Get the name of the DJ who will be your DJ day of in writing and also follow everything up with a phone call - EMAIL IS POINTLESS.  I don't want them to not get business but at the same time, I think they need a better system.  They are good people, just not the best office management around.

OFFICIANT:  Rev. Bob of Hearts and Hands Weddings - Rev. Bob was fantastic.  So fun and loving.  He met with us numerous times and each time I felt more and more comfortable with him.  His price was right, he let us do what we really wanted to do for the wedding and he is open-minded and loving.  Just wonderful!

PHOTOGRAPHER:  The Wedding Studio - Schaumburg, IL - I found The Wedding Studio online.  They were in our price range (for various reason, photography was just not that important to me) so I chose to meet with them.  I LOVED them from the very first meeting and just recently received our proofs and I cannot say enough good things about the gals at TWS.  Trish, our photographer was so friendly and outgoing and really had an eye for detail.  She wasn't invasive at all and I just enjoyed her personality so much.  The pictures are awesome and the office staff is always quick to respond and are super upbeat and positive.

Here are some of the photos - again taken by the amazing Trish at The Wedding Studio!

Re: VENDOR REVIEWS

• edited December 2011
    Congratulations!!! Your pictures are beautiful!!!
  • I completely agree about Tone Productions, but backwards. I had a great first meeting with the office staff but the wedding was opposite. Here I made this chart since they wanted to know how to dismiss tables for the buffett, well they never did. My dad had to leave his food and dismiss tables. Also, we decided to go with them even though they were twice as expensive as our next choice because they promised to take care of everything and have all of these fun props to use on the dance floor. They brought out necklaces at the end of the night and that was it. Also, they messed up our introduction song list. All in all, I would never recommend this company to anyone. After the wedding I tried three times to follow up with the owner and heard nothing back. I wish we would have gone with the cheaper DJ because we def. got the service of a cheap first time DJ.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards