Connecticut
Options

St. John Catholic Church - Middletown, CT (Long)

Has anyone gotten married at St, John Catholic Church in Middletown, CT? My fiance and I just booked our wedding venue and unfortunately, it is just too far away from the parish that we belong to. I have already spoken to the secretary at St. John's and our wedding date is available. Right now we are trying to decide if we should have our pastor travel to St. Johns to marry us, or if we should ask their pastor to marry us instead. The fee for getting married at St. John's since we are not parishioners is a little steep and we unsure if we could afford to make a donation to two churches if we have our priest marry us outside of his parish. We live together and our pastor does not view that as a problem; however, I know that some pastors can be strict about that (one of my friends had to lie about living with her fiance in order to get married and I refuse to do that) so I am a little bit nervous going to talk to a new priest. I guess I am wondering if this is a problem I may run into and if anyone has had experience with the pastor at St. John's.

Re: St. John Catholic Church - Middletown, CT (Long)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married there next September.  When setting up the date with the church secretary we mentioned that we were living together and it didn't seem to be a problem.  The church is great at letting you do what you want with the church in regards to lighting, candles and flowers. I'm not sure when you are getting married but I do know that they are booking quickly.  The pastor is great! Hope that information helps.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards