North Carolina-Outer Banks

Insurance during hurricane season

I'm getting married in September 2013, which should be beautiful weather... unless there is a hurricane.  Have any of you bought wedding insurance?  Any recommendations?

Re: Insurance during hurricane season

• We have not purchased it yet but we will be doing so very soon.  We were told by our wonderful planner Beth Pallett, that wedsafe.com is the one she suggests most often.  You can put in how much you are planning on spending and it covers everything.  
  • We did not purchase insurance for our Sept 2013 wedding because of protection from our venue. Wedsafe is the most popular option but double check what they will actually cover and protect you under. I know several people who have had problems getting their money back.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hello! I am getting married this August and purchased wedding insurance from wedsafe.  I spent a bit over $200 on it or so-the basic coverage.  It was just for peace of mind, and I purchased it so long ago that it doesnt feel like much of an expense now. 
    Good luck with your planning!!
  • Thanks for all the info ladies!
  • I'm also using wedsafe, if you're renting a home for you're wedding, the option of additional travel insurance will be included - that will cover the cost of the venue should there be a mandatory evacuation.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards