Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

xp tradition out of place

Hi y'all I need some help My fi and I as well as most of our attending family are from nola (new orleans la) a big tradition is to have a second line and we very much want to do it. The problem I am having is that we are all in nebraska as is the wedding and I am having alot of trouble finding a band to play the second line. So here's the question has anyone ever heard of and do ya'll think it would work to do one to a recording? help please.

Re: xp tradition out of place

• Options
    I'm not sure how that would work if you did it on the street but it's not uncommon here to just have the dj play the music and 2nd line around the room at the end of the reception.  You could supply your dj with the music and do that.  Maybe order 2nd line hankies to make it feel a little more like home.
  • Options
    Im having my newphew play the second line on his trumpet and instead of doing at the end of our wedding we are doing after we cut the cake. This way it gets everyone on the dance floor for alot more dancing. I say have your dj play it. Its so much fun no matter how its played and it shows our nola tradition.
  • Options
    One of my friends had a recording for her second line! It was just as fun and no one seemed to think it was tacky!
  • Options
    I've never actually been to a wedding where there was a true second line with a second line band because either a DJ has played the second line song or the band has stayed on the bandstand and played it on the trumpet.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards