Wedding Reception Forum

Seating for a "Family Style" Lunch

Reading a PP got me to thinking about this;

We're having a lunch for our reception; 2 long tables, no head table, but I honestly hadn't considered assigning seating to people.

Until people mentioned familys not sitting together, or people wandering around looking for a place to sit. 

And that leaves me with a bit of an uncomfortable feeling.  I mean, I guess I should slot seats for myself and FI to sit at (not that I expect to be sitting very much), but, should I assign seats for everyone else, or just let the chips fall where they may?

I honestly hadn't given this a single thought, but now...it looks like I may need to.

Re: Seating for a "Family Style" Lunch

• AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited April 2013
    It's just 2 long tables?  For that, I wouldn't worry about it. I'm not a fan of assigned SEATS, just tables. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Thank you!

Okay, now I can go back to fretting over all the other stuff and not worry about having to think about where to seat people!
  • i think youre ok. with 2 long tables it seems like a smaller crowd anyway so it will be much easier to organize who and where than wtih 16 tables of 15.

• 2 long tables should be okay in your situation.

As far as seat assignments go, I agree with Addie: I'm a fan of assigning tables but not specific seats.
  • You should be fine without assigning, but I would probably make sure there's about 5% extra seating.  People will sit and leave one or two seats between them.  Those extra seats can end up being the spot where you and your FI (and other mingling people) hop in for a few minutes.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards