Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Labor Day Sunday?

Hi everyone! Hope planning's going well, and congrats to those of you just weeks away from the big day!

I wonder if I could get your opinion on something. Up until this point, FI and I had planned on hosting a labor day weekend wedding with the following schedule:
Friday - welcome cocktails
Saturday - ceremony and reception
Sunday - brunch and optional sightseeing activities in the city

However, we've been doing our research and found that a surprising (for us at least!) number of venues and vendors have already booked that Saturday, and furthermore prices are seriously lower on off days! So we've been considering an alternative:
Friday - welcome cocktails/bar night
Saturday - brunch and optional sightseeing activities
Sunday - ceremony and reception

Given that it's Labor Day Weekend and people would have to take at least one day off of work for transatlantic travel anyway, does this seem like a reasonable program?

Thanks for any advice, we really appreciate your input!

Re: Labor Day Sunday?

• Options
    As a guest, I wouldn't mind that at all!  Esp since I'd probably have that weekend "free" for the wedding anyway, I don't see a huge different with the wedding being held on a Sunday as opposed to the Saturday :-)

I can't believe that Saturday is already booked more than one year out! 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I agree with Nicole. I don't think a Sunday or Saturday wedding really makes that big of a difference when it's a dw. Chances are everyone already took those days off and blocked them for wedding activites. 

My wedding is actually on a Monday and we haven't heard anyone complain about it. We were originally gonna make it 4/20 but than we found out that it's actually a "fake holiday" in which illegal activity usually takes place. The 21st wasn't an option because we don't like odd numbers LOL. So we picked the Monday!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think your alternative "schedule" of events works just fine for your wedding since it is a long holiday weekend :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think the new schedule of a sunday ceremony would work great! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies, that's so good to hear! I showed FI the midweek discounts we'd get on some of the packages we've been looking at and he's finally getting excited about wedding planning! Lol!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards