Getting in Shape

XP - Healthy wedding favors

My wedding has a country rustic theme to it and our wedding colors are tiffany blue and white with touches of brown. I was thinking about making apple butter or jarring honey and using that as my wedding favors but I'm just not sure. I might want something more in depth? If that makes sense.

I really wouid perfer a healthier edible favor. Nuts and seeds are not an option because we have guests (including my dad) who have diverticulitis.

Thank you for your help!

ETA - I'm posting here too because you guys are awesome with suggestions about health and fitness.

Re: XP - Healthy wedding favors

• My cousin gave out little bags of homemade granola that was super delicious!  Her husband is a chef so he made the granola.  I'm not sure if it contained any nuts or seeds. I'm sure you could find a recipe without them. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I second the granola - totally doable without nuts and seeds.  What about a 'make your own' granola type bar?  Then people could stay away from what they can't have.  I also like your apple butter/jam/honey idea.

Other ideas:
    -little tins of your favorite coffee/tea - totally awesome if it's from a local place you guys love
    -water bottles?
    -recyclable grocery bags (I don't know, vintage and healthy made me think about healthy for the earth, too.)
    Anniversary
  • That is a great idea about the tea/coffee! I like the idea about the  granola too. Thanks ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards