Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

Wedding Present/Engagement gift??

In my family it is tradition to give a watch for a wedding gift to the groom.  FI and I found a beautiful watch and its defnitely what I'm going to get for him for the wedding.  Our wedding in in August but the price of the watch is set to increase soon (unknown exact time).  I'm trying to save money by getting it soon and it can only be delivered directly to his house (no one else in the state, and cannot be deliverd to me for a few different reasons).  So I'm wondering if I should give it to him early or wait and have to pay more for it.

I think I will just give it to him early, but then I wanted to think of a cute way to give it to him.

So... should I give it to him sooner rather than later to save a couple hundred dollars?  How can I disguise or be cute about giving it to him?  Just wondering if any of you did this and some tips!

thanks!

Re: Wedding Present/Engagement gift??

• What about having it delivered to him but instructing him not to open it? Tell him it's a surprise and he has to wait. Even better, if the company will gift wrap it for you it will be even harder for him to figure it out. It's worth doing this and saving a couple hundred bucks to me!
  • good idea- but he will probably know what it is when he gets it.  I can ask him not to open it but I think it will show on the return label.. also he will probably figure it out by the "why can't i open this?" and the size/shape
  • Can you get it delivered to where you work? Or to a friend's house?
  • You can try to call the company to order it and explain the situation. Ask if they can put it in a bigger box and/or not include the company name on the shipping label. A bigger box would probably throw him off.

Occasionally companies will go above and beyond to help out with these kinds of things.

• If you plan to give it to him on the wedding day, may sure it fits!  Most watches need to have links taken off to fit the man.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards