Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Do I need a day-of coordinator??

Hey galls,

I'm getting married at the Cajun Ballroom in the Audubon Zoo (so excited!). I know our sales manager will be there, but what exactly will the site person do? Will she oversee the setup of the venue, deal with vendors, etc., and then make sure the ceremony/reception go smoothly? I'm wondering if I still need a day-of coordinator to make sure all the moving parts come together.

Thanks!

Kia

Re: Do I need a day-of coordinator??

• Options
    I think you should clarify your expectations with the sales manager and ask her recommendation.  I had a day of coordinator and felt like it was well worth the money.  She made several vendor recommendations and handled everything on the day of the wedding.  She made sure that everyone was exactly where they needed to be and on time.  The on-site manager for the venue didn't stay for the whole wedding, just until the beginning of the reception. 
  • Options
    I had an on-site manager at my wedding also and she was great, but I was SO thankful that we had a day-of-coordinator too.  My now husband thought I was nuts when I insisted that we needed a coordinator, but he was the first one to say it was one of the best things we did.  She really just ensured that everything went as smoothly as possible.  There were just so many small things (like giving the tips to vendors, making sure transportation was running on time, running down the playlist with the DJ, making sure the hubby and I were where we were supposed to be at any given time, calling the cake place to replace our groom's cake w/in the hour when we realized it had the wrong college logo on it, etc. etc.).  I look at it as buying extreme peace of mind on a day that can be a true whirlwind and the less you have to worry about the more you can enjoy yourself :)
    dml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards