Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Do i have time?

wedding june 22nd if i order my dress in january is it enough time for it to come in?

Re: Do i have time?

• Options
    I would ask your vendor specifically. You may need to rush it if there are alterations that need to be made.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    Depends.  Mine I ordered last month, it will be ready February.  Some people here I read take 6 months or longer to get their dress made.  Just ask when you are shopping.  If you can buy off the rack, that would help with the time issue.
  • Options
    It all depends on what salon/ what designer you get the dress from. Call and ask them about their turn around time.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My salon said wedding dresses there needed to be ordered 9 months in advance, but that was just one place.  I know others (Davids Bridal comes to mind) have faster turnaround times.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Options

How late in Jan. are you planning on ordering? My wedding is in July and I was planning on ordering my dress mid-Jan, but my dress shop called me the first weekend in Dec. to tell me that I had to come in ASAP to order or theres a possibility that I may not get my dress on time so I went in that same weekend.

Your wedding is almost 1 month before mine, I suggest you order your dress ASAP before incurring any extra "rush" fees. Definitely call your dress shop to be sure, but remember you also have to leave time for possible alterations.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Depends on the dress. Some stores will let you buy the sample dress. But I am pretty sure you will be ok.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I call them if i order now may 24th it would arrive
  • Options
    cebrady89cebrady89 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ordered mine last June, won't get it until March, and my wedding is June 2012. Some dresses take a LONG time to get in.

Ask each store you go to how long their dresses typically take. You will definitely be able to find something, but there will likely be limitations on what styles you can get in time.
  • Options
    If I were you I'd be ordering it now. That time line isn't leaving much time for alterations or if anything is wrong with the dress heaven forbid and you need to send it back. I ordered mine in August called in November to see when it was coming in they said January, called again a couple weeks ago and was told now March. Unfortunatly I've read of a few brides that had to send their dresses back, for major issues or something like a wrong size being ordered. Don't wait.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Untitled
    image 218 Invited image 130 Are ready to party!! image 79 Are missing out. :(image 10 Are making me wait. :(
  • Options
    It really depends on the designer and the shop.  I was one of those brides that waited too long to order.  The shop checked the ship date on my dress when I went to order and it would have left the designer 10 days before my wedding!  That's way too close.  I got lucky and was able to buy the sample of my dream dress and will just have to alter it a little bit. 

I would call the shop and see when they recommend you order it. 
  • Options
    As others said, it depends on the boutique and dress designer. I ordered my dress in January 2011 from a private boutique, dress brand was Impression Bridal, and it was ready for pick-up at the end of April, I believe. Don't forget to factor in time for alterations. I had 3 different appointments for alterations and process took about 1.5 months.This will also vary based on the alterations shop.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards