Ohio-Columbus
Options

Rustic (barn?) location in southeastern Ohio

Hi everyone!  I've been feverishly looking for a nice venue near Marietta, Ohio.  I'd like the venue not to be further than 30 minutes from Marietta and it can be in Ohio or West Virginia.  Does anyone know a nice rustic barn or a big open space that also allows people to be outside on the grass with beautiful setting/views?  I envision a big open space like the image attached. 

Wedding is labor day weekend so weather should be good.  Please help!  Thank you so much!

PS: Unfortunately all the prior postings on barn venues seem to be />1.5 hours from Marietta... usually in Columbus or north or southwest of Columbus.

Re: Rustic (barn?) location in southeastern Ohio

• Options
    donethatdonethat member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited February 2013
    http://www.mariettaohio.org/contact-us

Hi - I think I would contact the visitor's bureau in Marietta, and ask for their "creatvie" help ... emphasizing both "creative" (Fairgrounds?  Riverfront?  Private home?  Old School?) and "help"!  

"So, this is what I  really want, and I have some budget to make it happen... I'm hoping you can HELP me brainstorm on some awesome and unique possibilities?  And maybe suggest a professional and creative area caterer who might also be helpful?"

I used to work at a chamber of commerce, and we LOVED getting calls like that!

Good Luck!
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestion!  Hmmm they didn't really have any good ideas.

Anyone else?

I thought it would be cool to do it the Wilds, but Cumberland, Ohio is 45 minutes north of Marietta, Ohio and that sounds too far for people to drive for a wedding or we could find transportation to and from the wedding... but it would have to be several vans so as to not keep people shorter or longer than they would want to otherwise.
  • Options
    I've been looking in the same area for months and haven't been able to find anything :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards