July 2013 Weddings
Options

Just venting

I m starting to get stress. I woke since 3 from wedding nightmares and still can't go back to sleep. I never thought that would happen to me.
I'm afraid that the day would not turn "perfect" as planned.

Re: Just venting

• Options
    The day will go fine! Don't expect it to be perfect though! You will drive yourself insane expecting that from yourself and you are actually going to ruin your special day by doing that.

Everything will be great! Just remember that even if your hair falls flat and your MOH breaks her heel on her walk down the aisle you will be married to your FI at the end! Then the real life can begin!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    it is true!! It will be the best day ever!

But I will vent a little as well.. I somehow overlooked our invites that they say "Saturday, July 5 2013" or however its written.. JULY 5 IS A FRIDAY. I almost cried yesterday because I was going to start addressing the invitations when I noticed it. My etsy seller  Ibought them from has her store closed for now. So im HOPING. HOPING. HOPING she gets my email and responds... like yesterday
  • Options
    I'm sorry to hear that. Yes this is kind of big. My wedding is also on July 5 and I just my invites this past Thursday. I hope you get in touch with the seller. Let us know what happen

Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_just-venting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:cf00da3a-5710-4cf3-8987-116ad2123f11Post:7a089904-e82c-4aa7-83cb-1e86fd5ad3cc">Re: Just venting</a>:
    [QUOTE]it is true!! It will be the best day ever! But I will vent a little as well.. I somehow overlooked our invites that they say "Saturday, July 5 2013" or however its written.. JULY 5 IS A FRIDAY. I almost cried yesterday because I was going to start addressing the invitations when I noticed it. My etsy seller  Ibought them from has her store closed for now. So im HOPING. HOPING. HOPING she gets my email and responds... like yesterday
    Posted by crysspears[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_just-venting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:cf00da3a-5710-4cf3-8987-116ad2123f11Post:7a089904-e82c-4aa7-83cb-1e86fd5ad3cc">Re: Just venting</a>:
    [QUOTE]it is true!! It will be the best day ever! But I will vent a little as well.. I somehow overlooked our invites that they say "Saturday, July 5 2013" or however its written.. JULY 5 IS A FRIDAY. I almost cried yesterday because I was going to start addressing the invitations when I noticed it. My etsy seller  Ibought them from has her store closed for now. So im HOPING. HOPING. HOPING she gets my email and responds... like yesterday

Don't stress over it too much! There was a typo on our main invite too and I just let the Etsy seller know right away and she didn't charge me for reprints since she said she should have caught it too. Hopefully your Etsy seller will be cool about it too. I was so mad that we missed that typo though after looking at proofs so many times!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_just-venting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:cf00da3a-5710-4cf3-8987-116ad2123f11Post:7a089904-e82c-4aa7-83cb-1e86fd5ad3cc">Re: Just venting</a>:

Oh no! Fingers crossed for you that it can be fixed by the seller - otherwise would it be too tricky for you to figure out a way to cover it up/change it yourself? Sorry that happened, but maybe that's the one thing that will go wrong for you and absolutely everything else will be perfect. :)

I just wanted to chime in about the nightmares... boy have mine started too! One night it was that we forgot to send invitations so there were no guests, another that I was running late for my hair appointment and didn't have time to get dressed... I imagine there are many to come.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If it makes you feel any better, our invites arrived last week in the wrong color!  But I called them immediately, and they fixed it!  They were really nice and sent us the new ones.  We already got them, and they look great!  Good luck to you!  I hope everything works out!
  • Options
    So far, nothing yet.. this is bad cuz i looked at the proofs too, but to check the spelling of names, and color... I got them in January so I can't even dispute them! I shuldnt have practiced self control and looked at them more!
  • Options
    She got back to me!! So shes going to send me a digital file of the corrected invite, with response card! She couldnt print them for me becuase the place she used to make prints raised their pricing by alot. She sent me the links to the premium paper she used ot make them so I can have exact matches. Alas, I am happy shes even doing this for me! other than the extra cost, its kind of awesome because I can now print up more invites that im going to need!!
  • Options
    We did the same, except put JUNE 19!!!! We had to reorder and buy new ones. Thank goodness for groupon!!! When we did the programs, I had three people look em over, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

151 invitedimage [ Invited]
     78 attendingimage [ Said Yes!]
     73 declinedimage [ Are Party Poopers]
     0 unknownimage [ Can't Find the Mailbox]
    RSVP June 19

• Options
    Don't worry! I am having the same thoughts! I just have to keep reminding myself that not everything is going to go perfectly. The less you expect, the more spectacular your day will be!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards