May 2014 Weddings

HELP!!!!! Beach Wedding Etiquette

My fiance and I live in Baton Rouge but we are wanting to get married in Destin or Fort Walton Beach Florida. I am just starting the planning process. I am either wanting to have it in front of a condominum or at a beach house. Our guest list is about 50 people Iwant just 35 but we will see . We are most likely paying for this ourselves, My budget is about 5k, am I responsible for paying for everyones accomodations? Im confused I dont think so my best friend says yeah . Help!!!

Re: HELP!!!!! Beach Wedding Etiquette

• AnitaH08AnitaH08 member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    edited April 2013
    No, you are not obligated to pay for your guests lodging for a destination wedding. Would it be incredibly nice and generous of you? Sure, but you by no means have to. It's just like if you were having your wedding closer to your home and they had to travel there.

I see that your date is 5/24/2014. You might see if you can reserve a block of rooms at a hotel, especially since that is a holiday weekend. Sometimes hotels will offer discounts if you do that (not always, though), but beware of a hotel that will make you pay for rooms in the block if not all of them are booked.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks so much for this advice!!
  • You're welcome! Glad I could help!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards